IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem viewing Everfocus EAN600 over the Internet

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Toey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Problem viewing Everfocus EAN600 over the Internet Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an EAN600. I can see the camear locally, but I'm having a problem seeing it over the Internet. I am connecting to the Internet via ADSL. My router is DSL-G604T v1.00B02. On the router, I setup port 80 to forward to my camera. (I followed the portforward.com instruction on how to do port forward for HTTP for this router.)

If I port forward to my computer, I can view my computer over the Internet with no problem. However, if I port forward to the camera, I can't see it!

Thanks!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toey,

Sorry I haven't heard of the EverFocus EAN600, I will have to get more info on that camera.

When you try to access your camera online, can you login to your camera? Or can you not access your camera at all?

You could try using a different port. Maybe try changing it to 1025. If you like, PM me your IP and the login of your router and camera and I can take a look at all the settings......if you want Wink If you don't trust me I completely understand.
Toey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes,

When I try to access my camera, I can't access it at all. I get a blank page.

I will try to use different port.

I don't have a static IP. I will try to set it up with DynDNS. I will PM you when it's ready. It's probably in a day or two. (The camera is set up at my friend's house.)

Thank you very much.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP Toey,

One other suggestion is to check to see if a firewall is blocking the camera.
toeyt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes,

I changed the port to 1025 and disabled all firewall. It still doesn't work.

I set up a dyndns account and tried to get it ready for you to take look at, but I am having another problem. I can't access the router over the Internet... When I try to open it with IE, I am getting DNS error. I will try to fix this and let you know when it's done.

Thanks
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on your router, you might have to enable a feature called Remote Management. It would assign a port that you would use to access the router. I think it might be 8080. That depends on your router, and I haven't used your router personally so I'm not to sure if it has that feature.

You should also try pinging your DDNS domain and see if it has the same IP as the IP currently assigned to your router from your ISP.
toeyt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the camera and router and set them up at my house now.

There is an option called "Remote Web Management".
It requires IP Address and Netmask.
What should I put in there?

Thanks
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on D-Links website regarding the Remote Management.

This is what those fields mean:

IP Address - Enter the IP address or * to allow any IP address to manage the router remotely
Subnet Mask - Enter the subnet mask or * to allow any subnet mask
Port - Select the port number that the router will be used to access the router remotely

For both the IP Address and Subnet Mask I would just put an asterisk (*) and put the port to 8080. This means any computer with any IP can access your router....as long as they enter the correct password when prompted. Smile If you will always be connecting remotly from the same computer and that same computer has a static IP address from the ISP, you can put that IP in the IP Address field for added security. Considering I will be loggin in to check it out though you might just want to put a *.

After you make the changes, try accessing your router remotely with your DDNS name (ex http://my.dynalias.com:8080)

Your router should come up.

Let me know how it goes Smile
toeyt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes,

I tried to put * in IP Address, but I got a message saying "Invalid IP address". I tried *.*.*.*, and I got the same error... Crying or Very sad

In general, how many ports need to be forwarded in order to view a network camera?
[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting. Their website says a * will say any IP is accepted. Try putting just your IP and see if it accepts that. Just one port needs to be forwarded in order to view the video from a network camera.

You might want to call D-Link regarding the issue with remote management, they might also be able to help you with the port forwarding issue. If you at least get the remote management working I can access it from there.

If you like you can also take a snapshot and post it here of your router port forwarding settings.
toeyt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It accepts full IP number. May be this * option varies by model.
I have read the manual, but I don't see * option.
Also, there is no port number field, only IP and subnet mask.

Here is a link to the screen captures:
http://www5.brinkster.com/toeyt/dlink.html

I am thinking may there are more than one port I need to forward. I will try to ask the camera company. I have asked them once on how to set up cameras behind routers but got no response from them.

Thanks
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the IP to 0.0.0.0 and PM me the login details an your IP.

If you like, take a snapshot of the network camera page that shows the port and also take a snapshot of the port forwarding page on your router.
toeyt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I check Enabled, I can't set the IP to 0.0.0.0. I will get Invalid IP address message...

I added snapshots of camera setup and port forward to the link:
http://www5.brinkster.com/toeyt/dlink.html

Thanks!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toeyt,

Your settings look fine. This is very strange. Perhaps you should contact D-Link or the camera manufacturer regarding this issue. I have contacted D-Link regarding the Remote Management so I will let you know what they tell me.

I'm sorry I can't help with the port forwarding issue.
toeyt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes,

I just tried a different router. I changed the router to Aztech ADSL router. But the router has only one network port, so I connected with another DLink router. I can get to the camera login page, but when I enter user name and password and hit login button, I got an error message saying Connection failed. So, I am still thinking there might be more than one port need to be forworded...

I have contacted the camera company. It's in Taiwan. I haven't got any response yet. I just know that they don't sell this model in the US. (I am from Thailand.) I will let you know if I found a solution for this.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.
This is a very useful web site for network camera newbies like me...

My friend he sells and installs security camera (not network ones), but he does not have much knowledge of computer and network. So, he asks me to help him with this. I also am looking for security cameras to install in my house, so I thought it would get me two birds in one shot. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed