IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Date/Time Stamp in DCS-950G Recorded AVI

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
lmester

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some information on the no timestamp problem.

FYI, I'm using the DCS-950G camera with the default 1.02 firmware version installed.
When I captured video using the "start video recording" button on the camera's web page some of my PC's would have the time stamp and others would not. I found that the time stamp is actually encoded as a subtltle file. I had two files that were saved during video capture an .AVI and a .SUB file. If your video capture creates only ONE file I would like to know what firmware your camera is running!

If you have a .SUB file you ned to download a codec to handle subtitle (.SUB) files. I found that VobSub V2.23 will properly handle this file. VobSub V2.37 DID NOT work. You can download VobSub V2.23 from here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/VobSub_download.htm

Also,. if you get no video when playing video captured from the camera you will need an MPEG codec. Ffdshow is included on the D-link camera software install CD but is ONLY installed when you install the installation wizard. You can manually install just ffdshow from the "installation wizard" folder on the CD or get ffdshow from the internet.
BTW, If anyone has it, I would really like to have the beta unreleased firmware for this camera.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to try the firmware upgrade too,if possible. Thanks.

ruby1993@hotmail.com
enrico

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having constant problems with this cam... please send me a copy of the new firmware: enrico65@gmail.com
Hahaiah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I found this site BEFORE I bought this camera.

I have a 950G v1.02 and have issues with it also. Mainly, it locks up every few days, which is a huge hassle. It seems to get hung up alot when I login or out too quickly or if I set a custom bitrate, it consistently locksup with a day. I thought this was a defective camera and had the company I bought it from (ewiz, good btw), send me a new one, same problem, so I was convinced it was hardware, but would like to try out firmware fix.

I would very much appreciate any one sending me the new firmware to
hahaiah@gmail.com

If I get it, I'll try to post it on rapidshare or something so everyone can access it ...

Thanks.
Hahaiah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I found this site BEFORE I bought this camera.

I have a 950G v1.02 and have issues with it also. Mainly, it locks up every few days, which is a huge hassle. It seems to get hung up alot when I login or out too quickly or if I set a custom bitrate, it consistently locksup with a day. I thought this was a defective camera and had the company I bought it from (ewiz, good btw), send me a new one, same problem, so I was convinced it was hardware, but would like to try out firmware fix.

I would very much appreciate any one sending me the new firmware to
hahaiah@gmail.com

If I get it, I'll try to post it on rapidshare or something so everyone can access it ...

Thanks.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone does find this firmware update, please post it on the website.

I will try contacting D-Link to see if I can get it sent to me.
Hahaiah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to contact Dlink tech support and get version 1.05 for the 950G. Installed and running, we'll have to wait a couple days to see if it won't lock up.

There seems to be some confusion between the 950 and 950G over at Dlink. They kept trying to convince me 1.03 was posted on the site. The 950 does have a 1.03 available, but 950G is still at 1.02 for now, so maybe they just were looking at the 950.

I'm using IPLite SE, which needed to have the IP address reentered to work, which now seems to require pressing the audio button to get a picture. On the plus side, the picture quality is now at the higher resolution in IP lite, for me, the old one would only use 320x240.

Fingers crossed.

I put it up here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/14396875/CAS-630W-DLinkEn_DCS950G.1.05_1.68.0117.2006_1.05a__.html

Note: FREE server but you have to jump through a few hoops
CLICK download from FREE server on right side
Firefox (No script extension) user, enable Java
WAIT 30 seconds and link will appear
jonesp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Time Stamp in IP View SE Video Playback Reply with quote

I was able to make the time stamp appear in Windows Media Player by opening the configuration settings for FFDShow and clicking on the check box for subtitles. This must associate the .sub file with the video file I guess.

Cheers!
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed