IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

d-link 950G - ip camera streaming script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
inigo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: d-link 950G - ip camera streaming script Reply with quote

hello,

I am new to ip cameras but i am very keen in working out this problem i have.

Would anyone know the streaming script for the 950G?

I have just bought this camera and i need to use it for viewing landscape images of the local coast from the top a building. The camera can be fixed indoors looking out. I want these images to be accessed by the general public via my website. d-link offers the option for a jpg that can be refreshed by the user, but i want the images to be real time.

I contacted d-link spain but they told me that for this specific camera they are not allowed to give the code away to the public. Crying or Very sad

I found on networkcamerareviews.com a custom video streaming script tool but they donīt have it for the 950G, i hope to get some answer soon but in the meantime if anyone knows anything....

alternatively, i would consider returning this camera and buying an interchangable lense (i hear they all have a universal mounting ring) low price range camera, with the option for web video streaming, wireless not esential.

For the use i am going to give to the camera i rather sacrifice image quality for a telefoto lens shot, but i must be able to stream the images via web.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated

Inigo
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: d-link 950G - ip camera streaming script Reply with quote

inigo wrote:
alternatively, i would consider returning this camera and buying an interchangable lense (i hear they all have a universal mounting ring) low price range camera, with the option for web video streaming, wireless not esential.

For the use i am going to give to the camera i rather sacrifice image quality for a telefoto lens shot, but i must be able to stream the images via web.

Afraid I can't help on the script front however reading about D-Links first class customer support from other users of this site returning the unit might not be such a bad idea - who knows, D-Link might actually start to realise poor customer service means lost revenue and start to improve on it?!!

Lens mounts are NOT universal however. The two most common are C and CS type. You can get adaptors but as with anything optical, these will mean sacrificed image quality. Also, you will need to make sure you get the correct lens for the cameras sensor. Finally, PAL/NTSC was always the limiting factor for images so you will find some very cheap plastic lenses on the market for CCTV. DO NOT use these with Mega-Pixel cameras which require more precisely manufactured glass optics for the best result! (NB Most mega-pixel lenses are currently prime ie no zoom and the majority I've found to date are also manual iris which is not recommended for outdoor use due to the changing light levels.)

Provided you match the right lens with the right camera for the job, using a 2-300mm lens shouldn't affect image quality. Your biggest worry will be vibrations and camera shake!
Wes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just suggest getting a new camera. I wouldn't spend the money to improve the DCS-950G, it is a very crappy camera.

As for the script, I might be able to help you out. I am a web programmer and I have done many web applications for IP cameras. I might be able to create a streaming script for you that will allow you to stream live video onto your website.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want or email me at info@firestorminteractive.com
inigo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much to both.

i am considerig changing cam brands, but my budget is not that great now.

I was thinking that perhaps i could use the 950G for the moment (if i find the script) and purchase a better one in the future.

if i donīt find the script i would have to purchase somethign else, probably an axis 207 or a 210. The 207 has a wide angle lens so it is not going to work well frame wise, but it is the "affordable" option. The 210 gives me the option to buy it with a telephoto lens wich is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed