IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cant install dcs-5300g 950g works great

jimmy381

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: cant install dcs-5300g 950g works great Reply with quote

i have a 950g installed and it works great. i bought a 5300g to install outside but on install i check the address 192.168.0.99 (which i want to change to 192.168.1.xx because i have a linksys router) and click set up i get an error message connection timed out. the camera is presently connect via cable to the comp and i get an error "local area connection has limited or no connectivity". the 950g was easy to install and view from the web but i cant get the 5300g into the setup to install..??
jimmy381

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to change the ip to 192.168.1.xx on the 5300g because the starting ip on the router is 192.168.1.1 and i dont know if i change it if it will affect my wireless ap or other settings
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the camera comes with a utility that allows you to locate cameras on different subnets (ie 192.168.0.0 compared to your LAN 192.168.1.0) then the simplest way for you to amend the IP address of the camera will be to temporarily change your computers IP to 192.168.0.X where X is a number different to the camera. You will then be able to access the cameras administration interface to change it's IP address.

Once you've changed it, you can revert your computer back to the settings needed for your LAN.
jimmy381

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a dcs-950g which works fine. on initial set up the default address for the 950g was 192.168.0.20. the default gateway on my linksys router is 192.168.1.xx. i was able to set it up and change the address on the 950g to what i needed 192.168.1.xx. and foward a port on the router, the wireless camera works fine from home and the web.
my problem is setting up a 5300g. the cameras default address is 192.168.0.99. during install when i plug the ethernet cable into the comp and camera its reconized by the wizard but the "link to selected devices" and the 2 buttons under set up are grayed out. when i try to use set up i get an unable to connect.
on the task bar when i plug the cable in i get an error message about little or no connectivity.
im setting this up from the same laptop that i did the 950g 2 weeks ago.
i already set up an ip and port address in my router (linksys BEFSR41 v2) for the 5300g and am going to use the wireless ap like i do for the 950g, but i cant get past the initial screen to access the set up. any help would be great.
dfowler40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Getting the DCS-5300G to work on a MAC or PC W/Firefox Reply with quote

I recently purchased a D-Link DCS-5300G for home surveillance. Problem is the camera will ONLY work with a PC and ONLY on Internet Explorer. I donít use Internet Explorer I use Fire Fox. My wife uses a Mac! I donít want to return this but I need a solution for another machine/browser.
I found the FREE solution on
http://wiseowltech.com/support/support.asp uses javascript, great code THANKS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed