IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Configuration Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
adacomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Configuration Question Reply with quote

I need to install an IP PTZ camera in a church to video services and special events. Camera to subject distance is 50-60FT and lighting is no problem. I need to control camera PTZ from sound booth 50FT from camera. Input to computer will be mpeg(4) for output to DVD. The output from the camera also has to drive a monitor in the nursery so the attendants can watch the service. I have figured out how to do a analog system but I would prefer an IP solution. Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? Basically I need IP to S-Video output for the nursery, the reverse of a video server.
spymasterflash
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Configuration Question Reply with quote

adacomp wrote:
I need to install an IP PTZ

distance is 50-60FT

lighting is no problem.

camera also has to drive a monitor in the nursery so
the attendants can watch the service.

Basically I need IP to S-Video output for the nursery, the reverse of a video server.

Vivotek's pz6112

http://www.vivotek.com/products_pz6112.htm

may do. Sort of expensive but you may get lucky and find it discounted for no reason (I've seen it go down nearly $300 from list then back up). You can hook a composite monitor (most TVs have composite in) directly to it. The output from its composite (analog) is comparable to a typical camcorder. The zoom is pretty good at 10x. Most, but not all, CCD-based net cameras have a composite output; some BNC connector, most I think are typically mini-jacks to the camera and RCA on the other end. That thing lists on the street for about $600. The problem is, you probably won't find anything better for less, not with PT and optical zoom. I've had one running 24/7 for several months and it's running 100% as best I can recall.

Heh, I just reset an axis 207mw a few minutes ago. I think the 4.40 FW needs some work. I've seen other problems that I can't recall right now, but I always wonder what Axis is doing still hanging on to 4.40.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed