IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Sony SNC-M1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
alawil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Problems with Sony SNC-M1 Reply with quote

I've downloaded the evaluation version, when i run the Monitor i get the message "Connecting" then "Cannot Retreive Images"

When i registered the camera it was able to auto detect the correct make/model, but its not showing the images.

Any idea what the problem is?
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version are you running?

Can you hhtp directly into the camera from the system you are running the monitor application on?

Have you given yourself permission to be able to view the camera in Image Server Administrator?

What firmware is on the camera, Enterprise requires v1.10

Are you able to access the cameras settings through the administrator application and is it listed in the devices?
Wes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had an issue with an AXIS camera once and it was solved by downloading the latest device pack - http://www.milestonesys.com/?cid=413&catid=supportdownloads\XProtect%20Device%20Pack%2031

Milestone support is always helpful as well. Try giving them a call to see if there is an issue with that camera. Like Mr Sots said, check all your permission rights and verify you are entering the correct root/admin password.
alawil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm running the Basis+ v6.0a eval version - do i also need a DLK?

I can http://192.168.0.101 to the camera from the machine and view the image and settings of the camera

In the server administrator i have given all users full access, do i actually need to set up some users?

The camera is running firmware 1.11

The camera is listed in the admistrator application, and it is auto detected as a Sony SNC-M
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you setup a DLK?

You will need to login to your account on the Milestone website and add the mac address of the camera. You can then click a link that will send the DLK to your email address. Just grab that DLK for the email and save it to your PC.

Go to the Administrator application of the Milestone software and click "Import DLK". Point it to where the file is on your computer and import the DLK. You should then be able to add the camera.
alawil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand, i created an account and it says i need an SLC, where do i get this from?

I downloaded the eval version that should run for 30 days...
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need an SLC for the trial version. If it's asking for one, you've clicked on the licenced version when you've installed the product. Uninstall and reinstall making sure you click the option for the 30 day trial. You also won't need a DLK for the trial version.

[edit] you don't need to create an account on the Milestone website unless you BUY the software, Milestone allow you to manage your licence (to an extent) online if you need to swap cameras etc, there are no such restrictions on the trial version. [/edit]

To access the system from anything other than the monitor application, you will need to define users in the image server administrator, full access for all users is hopwever fine if you don't wish to restrict use.

Roll the cameras firmware back to a supported version!
alawil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out mpeg4 is not supported on this camera, switching to jpeg resolves the issue...
Mr Sots
Junky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, glad you've sorted it - thanks for posting the solution - could save peeps a bit of time Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed