IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Axis 207W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
skumix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Problem with Axis 207W Reply with quote

Hi,

A friend of mine gave me the axis 207w camera.
I've read the installation guide, but I can't find a way to bring the camera to the default settings. I tried the procedure described in the datasheets (Disconnect the power, press the button and connect the power again, release the button after the light gets amber...) I did that but no light is coming up!

What is going on ?? Is the camre broken??
Wes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could possibly be something wrong with the camera. After doing a factory reset with the steps you mentioned below, it should reset to its default settings. Was the camera working when you friend gave it to you?

How are you connecting the camera to your PC or router? Are you connecting it directly to your PC or are you connecting it to a router?

Also, are you using the AXIS IP Utility to search for the camera?
skumix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera was working. Actually I managed to start it once, but after that nothing.
The camera is connected with a straight UTP cable to one of the router ports. In another port the PC is also connected. The thing is, that I don't get any activity from the camera. It's like you never plug it in. The router doesn't see that something is connected to that port.
As I said if you try 50 times you may get it recognized. But it's very strange, don't you thing?
Even the time I managed to get it working, when I used the Axis Management sotware, it asked for a username and password (not the roots as it should ). That's strange because it should be reseted to factory settings. But it seems it's not. Shocked
Anyway If anybody can give me a hand on getting it to work, it would be fine...
Thanks!
user1
Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axis has very good support...call them and they will ask for serial number and replace it. They'll walk you through the reset first but then don't ask questions and just replace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed