IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is 4xEM IPCAMWLPTZ (wireless cam with 10x zoom) reliable?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
etalkishere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Is 4xEM IPCAMWLPTZ (wireless cam with 10x zoom) reliable? Reply with quote

Hi all:

I am seriously looking at buying either D-Link DCS6620G or the 4xEM IPCAMWLPTZ model. It is so hard to find any good reviews on these 2 models. But, I am leaning forward the 4xEM one, as I am very impressed with the demo on 4xEM site. I want to use the IPCAMWLPTZ's wireless feature, but not sure how reliable it is. I have heard stories, specially on the D-link DCS-950G, about how unreliable wireless network camera is. In fact, my brother has DCS-950G installed at home, he has to manually reboot the DCS-950G very often. Thus, I am very careful with purchasing a wireless network camera, even with the high-end ones like the DCS6620G or 4xEM IPCAMWLPTZ, especially when I can not return it.

Are you currently using the 4xEM IPCAMWLPTZ model? If so, how reliable its wireless is? Do you have to reboot it few days? What wireless router you have? Is it easy to set the camera up?

I currently have the old NetGear Wireless Router 802.11b MR814, which is still working very well after 2 years in action. It works great with the Panasonic BL-C30A wireless camera I currently own. The BL-C30A is very stable and works great, but I am looking for a better one with optical zoom and low light recording capabilities.

Thanks alot for your time.

Peter N
WM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Peter,

We use a 4xem PTZ wireless in our office. We do not have any rebooting issues with the camera. For the past 3 months we haven't needed to reboot the camera once. We do believe in the occasional reboot however to keep things running smooth. We do this once a week to be safe. It has not once been unavailable through our network.

I hope this helps.

W. MARTINEZ
etalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WM wrote:
Dear Peter,

We use a 4xem PTZ wireless in our office. We do not have any rebooting issues with the camera. For the past 3 months we haven't needed to reboot the camera once. We do believe in the occasional reboot however to keep things running smooth. We do this once a week to be safe. It has not once been unavailable through our network.

I hope this helps.

W. MARTINEZ

Hi W. Martinez, thanks so much for your message. It seems you are happy with using the camera. I am especially interested in the ftp (to a remote ftp server over the internet), optical zoom and low light capabilities. Are you happy with those features? Anything you dont' like or need improvements?

Thanks again.

Peter N
etalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Any more inputs, please? Reply with quote

I would appreciate for more inputs from anyone/user. I just want to get a little bit more confidence with inputs from its users, before buying it.

Thanks alot.

Peter N

etalk wrote:
WM wrote:
Dear Peter,

I hope this helps.

W. MARTINEZ

Hi W. Martinez, thanks so much for your message. It seems you are happy with using the camera. I am especially interested in the ftp (to a remote ftp server over the internet), optical zoom and low light capabilities. Are you happy with those features? Anything you dont' like or need improvements?

Thanks again.

Peter N
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

I'm using a wired version of 4XEM's WPTZ. You can view it here, http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/ptzdemo/index.htm

Here are a couple snapshots:

You can see one section of the tank has a bright light shining down. That is the heatlamp to create a high temperature in the tank. When you zoom in the cameras white balancing corrects the brightness so you get a great quality. I have many users connecting to the camera each day and I haven't had to reboot the camera once. Also, it has a great 10X Optical Zoom which as you can see by the second screenshot, captures great quality when zoomed in.

Thats my opinion Smile
etalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: The wireless demo version (IPCAMWLPTZ) is not working well! Reply with quote

Hi Wes:

Thanks a lot for your information. I actually already saw your live demo, through http://www.4xem.com/camerademos/. The wired demo version (IPCAMWPTZ) is very impressive; it is very responsive, fast autofocus. The wireless demo version (IPCAMWLPTZ) is not. The wireless version is installed outdoors. Everytime I clicked zoom in/out button, it took 8-10 seconds for the camera to respond. The wired version only takes 1-2 sec, very fast. With that slow response, I am not for sure if I want to buy the wireless, IPCAMWLPTZ, version anymore. At the same time, I am really looking for a wireless version since I am not a fan of wiring cables. I probably have to look more into the D-Link DCS-6620G version.

Other owners of the 4xEM wireless version, IPCAMWLPTZ, do you have the same slow reponse issue? I appreciate any inputs.

Thank you so much for your inputs and time.

Peter N
Wes wrote:
Hi Peter,

I'm using a wired version of 4XEM's WPTZ. You can view it here, http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/ptzdemo/index.htm

Here are a couple snapshots:

You can see one section of the tank has a bright light shining down. That is the heatlamp to create a high temperature in the tank. When you zoom in the cameras white balancing corrects the brightness so you get a great quality. I have many users connecting to the camera each day and I haven't had to reboot the camera once. Also, it has a great 10X Optical Zoom which as you can see by the second screenshot, captures great quality when zoomed in.

Thats my opinion Smile
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem Peter.

As for the slow response time, you have to take into effect how many other users are connected at the same time. The 4XEM PTZ models support up to 10 simultaneous users to be logged in viewing the camera. If you have multiple users viewing the camera at once the response time will slow down. This is the case with every IP Camera. The reason is the Internet connection behind the camera.
etalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes:

It seems the slow response is not due to many users logging on, like you speculate. I tried a dozen times, at different times (PM, AM), it is still slow. It takes 6-9 sec for the wireless camera to respond.

A broken camera?

PN

Wes wrote:
No Problem Peter.

As for the slow response time, you have to take into effect how many other users are connected at the same time. The 4XEM PTZ models support up to 10 simultaneous users to be logged in viewing the camera. If you have multiple users viewing the camera at once the response time will slow down. This is the case with every IP Camera. The reason is the Internet connection behind the camera.

Last edited by etalk on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not broken. Smile

Cameras can slow down from multiple users being logged in or by having multiple cameras available by remote locations. I think 4XEM has around 5 cameras available online so that could be bogging down the responed time. Last night at 11pm I was checking out our camera and it had a slow response time. Time depends on who is viewing the camera. We have many users in the UK visiting the site as well so even if you check the camera at times you think no one would be viewing it, there are still users viewing the camera Smile
philbert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks wes.. Tried out the Demo on the tank.. Just ordered 2 IPCAMWPTZ for my work.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!

Let me know if you need any help setting them up. Smile
etalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes:
I like to think the slow response was due to many people logging in. But the fact that I tried dozen times, logging into the LPTZ demo, and it still turned out very slow in response (8-10sec). The fact that I tried many different times makes, AM and PM, me think it is not because many people were logging in. I already contacted 4xEM, they will be checking into the camera and see that might have gone wrong.

BTW, I am very impressed with the wired version demo. I might end up buying this wired version, unless I have fast response on the wireless version demo in the next few days. I am still very much hoping to get the wireless.

Thanks for your inputs.

Peter

Wes wrote:
It's not broken. Smile

Cameras can slow down from multiple users being logged in or by having multiple cameras available by remote locations. I think 4XEM has around 5 cameras available online so that could be bogging down the responed time. Last night at 11pm I was checking out our camera and it had a slow response time. Time depends on who is viewing the camera. We have many users in the UK visiting the site as well so even if you check the camera at times you think no one would be viewing it, there are still users viewing the camera Smile
LarryL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should try the other 4XEM demos.
http://www.4xem.com/camerademos/w2100demo.html
http://www.4xem.com/camerademos/w50demo.html
See how they responed. I have the WLPTG model and WPT and I don't find a difference between the two with one being connected wireless and the other wired.
etalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to the IPCAMWLPTZ live demo at http://www.4xem.com/camerademos/ site? It was up until just yesterday. I have been testing its performance almost everyday. So far, I am not yet impressed with the IPCAMWLPTZ, because of its slow response (7-9sec). I have been testing the D-Link 6620G (http://203.125.227.70/, user name: dlink, password: <blank>) over the past few days, it performs pretty well. I believe the DCS-6620G live demo is in Asia, thus, it is midnight overthere, while it is AM in the US. Its reponse to my commands is 1-3 seconds.

I am waiting few more days to see how the IPCAMWLPTZ performs. Hopefully, 4xEM will put it up again (I already made a request to them). If the IPCAMWLPTZ still shows slow response, I will go with the D-Link 6620G.

Peter N
LarryL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I as able to connect to the demo and the response time was good.

Like Wes mentioned, many factors can slow the camera down. ISP, # of connected users and video quality settings can slow the camera down. If you feel comfortable with the wired version get that one.

Thanks for the DCS-6620G demo, I have never seen it. I tried connecting but it didn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed