IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Trendnet IP200 dosent notificate me when theres motion

forsure

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: My Trendnet IP200 dosent notificate me when theres motion Reply with quote

Sad Can someone help, i have typed in my email adress in settings, but the camera says that: its unable to send mails
I want it to send email to me when someone is moving in front of the camera, but it dosent

Do i have to enable something in my router?
frozen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forsure, I believe cameras use smtp emails. Many isp's block smtp emails, except for their own. If you are trying a gmail or yahoo address, it may not work. Use the isp email address that is the same as the cameras isp. If the camera accesses the net through comcast, use a comcast email address for notification delivery.
Christ is risen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that your camera, like most, doesn't provide SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption. Most e-mail providers that allow SMTP connections require this.
You'll have to download a tiny program, called Stunnel (thank you to the fine folks who created this and made it open source; the world owes you!) Here's the link to the .exe files:
http://www.stunnel.org/download/binaries.html
Install it, and open the file "stunnel.conf" in notepad. You don't need most of the stuff in there, so you can comment out the protocol for pop3 and imaps. You will need these lines:

client = yes

[ssmtp]
accept = 25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

"Accept" is the port that your camera sends the e-mail with (remember, an IP camera is actually a tiny computer). I had to use the default of 25, since the geniuses at TrendNet didn't give me any other option (port 25 is blocked by just about everyone these days). After you make these changes, run Stunnel (you can also set it to run as a service so that it starts every time Windows does.
"Connect" is the email server you want to connect to and the port that it accepts e-mails on. I've used gmail and it's default port in this example.

You're not done yet, though. You'll have to change the server in your camera settings from gmail's to the IP of your computer. Why? Because you'll need to send the e-mail from the camera to your computer first, where Stunnel will grab it and reroute it securely to gmail. If you don't know your computer's IP, grab it using ipconfig from the command prompt (available under Accesories in the Win XP start menu.
I pray that works for you. I was thrilled when that test e-mail finally went through.
logicl77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are a Genius. works perfectly. thanks for posting.

Logicl77
orly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stunnel solution has been posted 2 years ago by someone.
I think it is ethical to acknowledged that those exact words were quoted from here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080125185022AAq4cne

I've used this stunnel progam as well.

Thanks to Paul K.
martinv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also cannot get email notifications.

I tried the normal setup and the stunnel setup (using my computers IP etc..also.
I can set my port to 465 (for gmail) and that wont work either.

In either case I get a popup window that displays:

Quote:
Test server
Test Failed!!
Error: Email sending failed

I have another program for testing the email link and I do get replies from gmail to my yahoo account. It seems the problem is in the IP camera.

Here is how I have the "Event Server -Email" Page setup:

Quote:
SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
Port Number: 465
Sender Email Address: myname@gmail.com
Authentication Mode: SMTP
Sender User Name: myname@gmail.com
Sender Password: *****************
Receiver #1 Email Address: myname@yahoo.com
Send Email With: One Snapshot

I have Trendnet Model: TV-IP422W/A
Horst2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I had the same problem today with my new IP422W and found this forum here.

After I filled in the primary DNS (which is in my Fritz!Box the same as the default gateway) in the network menu, it works.
martinv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horst2010 wrote:
Hello!

I had the same problem today with my new IP422W and found this forum here.

After I filled in the primary DNS (which is in my Fritz!Box the same as the default gateway) in the network menu, it works.

Thanks for the reply!

I also have my DNS and gateway set to match my router, but it doesn't work for me. or Are you saying you filled in the DNS box with your default gateway address rather than your DNS server address? or the other way around?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed