IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Java Cameras?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
vansos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Java Cameras? Reply with quote

Hello - My company's firewall is apparently causing problems with me gaining access to all Active-X based cameras (I've purchased a 4xem wireless solution and thought about returning that in exchange for a D-Link solution, but, apparently I'm going to have the same problem). I've tried logging on to the demos on the 4xem website and my Internet Explorer crashes every time. I logged on to the D-Link demo provided by another user in this forum and although my browser didn't crash and I was able to see the controls on the web page, I was never able to connect to the camera itself and control it. Anyway, is it possible that I can use a java based camera or something else? I'd really like to check compatibility at work by viewing a demo camera that is up and running before I buy another one of course, so, if there are any working demos out there that you suggest I try, I'd be grateful. And, by the way, I've confirmed over the phone with a tech guy at 4xem that my Active-X settings in my IE brower (6.0) are all set correctly, so, that is not the problem. HELP! and, THANKS!
Vic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure your PC is allowed to download ActiveX Controls?

What are your system specs including IE version?
vansos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Java Camera Reply with quote

yes, I use other types of active x. I talked to my system admin at work and he says that the company's firewall is blocking the motion video (I can actually load the control panel, etc...). Anyway, I've been trying to figure out a solution for controling and viewing a PTZ camera from my workplace behind this firewall, and, for some reason, I AM able to view and control the two demos that I found on this website (http://www.webcamstore.com/consumer/demo/)
"the live robotic sony and canon cameras" in the middle of the page. BOth of these viewer/control panels are java based, so, I'm looking for a reasonable solution that I can access and control through a java panel. Thanks in advance for any advice that you have! I'm desparate.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem could be the video port is blocked on your company firewall.

Have you tested a java camera with your company firewall? You can checkout the D-Link 900 series cameras they support JAVA
vansos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tested out the java cameras and they work!! My question now is, are there any other cameras besides the Canon VB-C50i and the D-Link 900s that offer a Java based interface? I really wanted a WIRELESS PTZ w/ 2-WAY AUDIO that works with Java. That's my ideal setup. So, for me, I think the only option I have is buying the Canon VB-C50i and the added audio accessory that they offer. But, that's going to run my 1500 which is pretty high for what I need. Is there anything else that you know of that fits my requirement? Thanks so much!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how a Java camera performs on a mac?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed