IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IP video server 9100 A plus

life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: IP video server 9100 A plus Reply with quote

Hi all,

Anyone has this box, I have some configuration problelms ,Its work on local net work but not working from remote location.

thankx
tjdavj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

life

Hello, and welcome to the forum..

I actually just got my 9100A Plus up and functional on the net Smile , so if you have any questions, go ahead and ask away, and I'll see if I can help..

tj
Marian

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: 9100a Reply with quote

Hi there,

if you are behind a router you may have a port forwarding problem. Usually, if you keep the default configuration you will have to forward port 80.

Cheers,
Marian
marczhang

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

map the ports
tom64

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: 9100A plus set up help Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm in the new world of IP video. Just bought 9100A plus and I was able to view cams in local network at home, but not any where as spec. Please help step by step how to set up with Linksys wireless router including port forwarding, per tjdavj said you have your up and running. When I scan the IPEdit software( cam with the hardware) it showing IP = 192.68.1.2.

Thanks in advance
Tom
MajorTypo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: seeing vidoe on the net Reply with quote

Hi Tom;
I've got the same system as you - accidentally got it working.
I had been pulling out my hair for months and eventually gave up, then I found the answer - it was "get another modem".

OK - lets state what work on my system.

Manually set the IP address (192.168.1.2 or what ever) in the IP Camera Network IP assignment - Zeros on the Subnet & 192.168.1.1 on the gateway.

Go to the Linksys web page and go to the second last tab (I'm writing this from memory so you might have to look around - admin or gaming app etc) that has the list of ports. Type in the last number of the 192.168.1.2 (in this case 2, and 80 and 80 on the in and out selections.

That's it - it will be available to the net.
Simply type your IP number IE HTTP://12.345.56.89:80 and you'll see it (IE needs java active x, firefox3 no probs with one camera)

Providing that you modem (dial or ADSL) is not blocking as well.
My last modem would not the video past no matter what I did. On joining a new adsl contract, I got a new freebee modem which worked no fuss at all.

I found using the DHCP was a royal <adjective required> as it kept changing all the time.

Hope that helps.

Hey has anyone got an SDK available? I want to start playing with selective motion detect areas (if that's possible within the memory the 9100 has).

Catch ya
Major
Stick55

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have this working on Blueiris software (IP video 9100A) ?? I was thinking this might work with a X10 cam that I would like to get into Blueiris. Was just curious on how good the quality is. Thanks
MajorTypo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: more on seeing video on the net Reply with quote

I found out that possibly it wasn't my modem that was causing the problem - apparently I've been told that a major ISP player here in Oz (the one I changed from) blocks video steams for un-Businesses, can I name them here? hmm a cryptic clue I think - 7 of 'star treck next' is sexy.
tom64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: 9100A+ set up Reply with quote

Thanks MajorTypo, I tried yours method but no success. would you specify how did you set up yours?
Thanks again
Tom
MajorTypo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - this is what I did to get this to work (IE se from anywhere on the net).

My IP Video setup
System
VideoName: ipVid001
http port 1: 80
http port 2: 0

Network
IP Assignment
Lan:
Manually
IP Address 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

PPPoE
Tick Dial on power up
your ISP login and P/W

My Linksys router setup
Application & Gaming tab
Application ipVid001 Start 80 End 80 Both 192.168.1.2
Tick enabled

Now I had this set up with one famous ISP provider in Aust. but they wouldn't let video stream to work (even though they told me they did). On changing to another provider (think large puddle) it suddenly started to work. I thought it was the modem - this was not the case - it was the ISP.

I don't have a static IP because I don't need it. The ISP link is running 24/7 to connect your IP Vid so use the IP address that you've been given (it won't change until the unexpected power cut).

So when I'm somewhere else and want to view my IP Video page - I simply browse to (my ip address) http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80, type in administrator & myPassword (what ever it is - you have changed it haven't you?) - easy.
The video picture looks err not so nice over the web, but good enough.

Hope this helps.
MajorTypo
Megamike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently purchased the 9100a plus and i can not get it to show up in the ipedit program I have installed the wiring as per intructions and downloaded the software but can not locate it?
TCLynx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in this video server but I haven't been able to find the answer to some of my questions about it.

I don't really want another "security" video server. I want something that will easily allow me to provide multiple publicly viewable camera shots. Preferably on separate screens or web pages.

Does anyone know if this box can be made to do that?

I don't want to mess with IE and activex for the feeds I want to make publicly viewable.

I've read that if you do the firmware upgrade you can get the box to work with more than one camera and firefox but what about showing the camera feeds separately? Is that possible?

And if not possible with this, does anyone know some other means to do this?
TCLynx

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the 9100 a plus and I did a manufacturer firmware upgrade but there seems to be no good way to get a video stream out of the thing and to a web page for viewing by all browsers without using a separate computer.

(I have not tested this with the other 3rd party firmware I've heard of yet though.)

I have used the 9100 along with webcamxp software on a computer to serve video out to the internet, however I have to put up with the webcamxp watermark and I'll probably have to pay about $120 if I want to keep using it after another month. Bonus being if I buy the webcamxp software I'll be able to serve out more than one camera stream if I like (if I buy more devices that will play with it.) but I'm not sure it's really worth it yet. Still looking for other software that might do it just as well. As a note, the webcamxp software will only allow you to use one camera with the 9100.

I've only been able to make use of the 9100 as a single camera video server if I want to use anything live to the internet publicly. Otherwise the camera streams are all mixed together. So it's only useful for single public web cams. Or a single cam per device.

I have tried using the getdata.cgi to get the video directly from the 9100 but the quality is not acceptable (major flashing as the screen re-draws constantly)
Will have to see if the 3rd party firmware can do any better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Video Servers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed