IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gadspot 4600 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Vatekscom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Gadspot 4600 issues Reply with quote

Hello all & thank you in advance for trying to help!

Anyone having this problem? I can view the camera fine but it seems no-one else can. All that is brought up the frame of the cam website.
http//75.75.69.7 is the site

Over 10 different PC's have attempted to log on but the frame is all they, get-No video.

ActiveX?
Java?
DirectX?

Gadspot tech help is a contradictory term

Thanks again
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can see it just fine. Nice area Smile

If you cannot see it at other PCs it might be that the activex component cannot be installed by whatever reason - is it just that there is no picture, or do they also don't see the menue?

Greetings

Wolfgang
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah you said it already, just frame - so the activex component is not installed properly.

that is a know problem to gadspot (or aviptek) cameras - the immp4control.ocx does not get installed automatically after it is not certificated.

You need to allow to install it by lowering the security settings in your ie at the machine you want to watch it.

or you install the immp4control manually. You can download the ocx from my website http://www.dwaynesworld.de (you need to register to do so)

In the download area you find the control packed with a batch which does the proper registration to your system. after installing that your cam can be watched without any problem.
Vatekscom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to help.
This is to be a web cam for my clients house he rents by a ski resort. He wanted a free web cam to show his potential renters the veiw.

My point being: Should I get rid of this gad-crap and purchase another if people wanting to view have to go through what you offered to see it?

So far only 3 out 13 PC's have been able to veiw without changing or adjusting any type of settings.

Would you recommend a IP cam out there thats easier to log into withoutout settings adjustments?

Thanks again
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not recommend a specific cam at all, because I noticed that whatever you recommend there is always someone who considers that crap and flames you Smile

Gadspot cams of the 4000 series are not the best way to go, that is for sure. If you want to keep that camera, and have a local machine somewhere running 24/7 you can go a different way:

Usually it is not necessary to present a 25 frames stream. If you are happy with 2, 3 frames per second, you can try to install my jpg server which I had written especially for cameras based on the immp4control.ocx.

It uploads you an image to an ftp site where you can set up a flash viewer.

Any other camera would usually need to install an activex or java applet, some cameras also offer a jpg you can pull of the camera too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed