IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know how...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
ICUSecurity
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know how... Reply with quote

I am sure this is a fairly simple trick, however, its not something we use so I don't know how to do it..

As we receive files from FTP I want to tie them all together in one larger file..
I am in a rough situation here w/a few locations, were all incoming traffic is blocked, and we are unable to tell the IT team what it is we are doing. I can FTP the video out, but with the small files used in FTP our analysis software does not work right..

Rather then trying to re-build the load to a batch load in our software application, I assume there is a way to automagically create one large file from the smaller files.

Anyone??

-X

4 Channel Video-Insight Software - $350
8 Channel Video-Insight Capture Card - 1,000
switchflare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you're looking for something that will detect a new file upload and append it to an existing file. I haven't seen any software out that 'automatically' appends or joins video files like this.

Unless you're up for a custom programming gig, your best bet is to periodically manually join several files. There are a lot of utilities on the market that can do this as long as your codec and video specs are the same from file to file. I use Aurora Media Workshop for common video splicing tasks.
xsnrg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: perhaps an option Reply with quote

If you use Linux at all, or any environment that you can compile source, there is a very powerful tool called ffmpeg. It can be found here: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/

You should be able to wrap this to put your images into a mpeg automatically. Specifically: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/faq.html#SEC12

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed