IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grandtec IP Wifi camera - firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Grandtec IP Wifi camera - firmware Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'd like to start a thread to collect info about Grandtec's IP products.
http://www.grand.com.tw/
I have the new Garnd Pan & Tilt IP Wifi cam.
It has a good picture, and PTZ works well. It has many minor bugs in the browser firmware though, nothing terrible and to be expected from a brand new model.

Info: It seems some models from Grandtec have been re-badged and sold under other names, with much better firmware. One is here (somewhere) http://hama.de/
Hama IP camera.

Anyone come across other Grandtec firmware or info ?

Martin
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Grand Pan/Tilt firmware Reply with quote

I have had a new firmware from Grandtec (TW not USA).
They fixed the screen layout in the browser based viewer, and added in camera motion detection support. NTP clock is still broken, although GT claim it works fine for them......

They added a new bug however, they broke the support for IE somewhat. I had to reinstall ActiveX on each machine I view the camera with to get it working. Interestingly the camera works fine with Firefox browser with minor issues. Zoom won't work and the NTP date and time does not display. Both use ActiveX I guess which is only fully implemented in IE.

NTP - Luckily it's not a 'must have' for me but it means that all the email image catpures have the wrong time on them. For some reason the camera will not hold the right time for more than 12 or 24 hours (not sure how long). It defaults back to year 2005 and some rubbish time.

It's such damn shame that Grandtec.com.tw can not get a decent firmware programmer on staff. Their hardware on this camera is great, it works well, pans well, WiFi is fine for me. Just the finer points of the firmware lets the thing down. Seems it's not just this one product either.
Meanwhile I notice the trend in much Chinese electronics, nice hardware, bad firmware.

Meanwhile the camera is running fine, just in more basic fashion than they claim.
ludlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Where to find Firmware? Reply with quote

Hi!

Where did you find the firmware? I have looked everywhere! Smile

Thanks!
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Where to find Firmware? Reply with quote

ludlo wrote:
Hi!

Where did you find the firmware? I have looked everywhere! Smile

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a loose contact with their customer sales person called Annie. She posted the FW on a FTP site for me. PM me if you can and I'll send it.
I am really sad that Grandtec have such missing support currently, they did have a good FW download page but they did a site 'upgrade' and never put the FW back up.
Damn shame, as I said nice HW (no complaints) raw FW.
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Please don't email me for firmware, go here..... Reply with quote

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=d40d116e5bd10fc37e51bb1146b26dcc

Should you find a later one than this please reciprocate the favor and let us know about it here.

Martin
poon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: firmware needed Reply with quote

Hi, I really need the earlier firmware for this camera as no-one can use the camera with internet explorer due to the latest version of the software containing an expired active x certificate-this prevents the browser installing the required active x component rendering the camera useless in ie-turning off security settings will not work either. This problem will not show if the active x control is already installed on the computer from a previous viewing, but will show itself if the component is deleted from the browser then the camera is revisited. The problem is not present in firefox as it ignores active x controls but it is unrealistic to expect me to insist on all the users visiting the webcam to use only firefox... There appears to be no support from the manufacturers at all having emailed them numerous times! If any one could put up the earlier firmware on a download site I would be really very grateful, please, please, pretty please...
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: firmware needed Reply with quote

poon wrote:
Hi, I really need the earlier firmware for this camera as no-one can use the camera with internet explorer due to the latest version of the software containing an expired active x certificate-this prevents the browser installing the required active x component

What version do you have there ?
Active X works fine for me with the firmware version I posted up here. Have you tried to remove and clean traces of ActiveX (info for that on the WWW) and reinstall it ?

Yes, I too don't get replies from the manufacturer anymore. I recommend they are blacklisted till they can back their products with proper support.
Maybe a third party company will write some FW like done with older GT cameras.
poon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Thanks-same version Reply with quote

Hi, it's the same version as the one I have-I reflashed it just to be sure and it went up ok but still the same issue with ie-you may find it works on your pc as you have already got the active x component from the the earlier firmware installed.. any chance of the earlier one Smile)
mr.sneezy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: No old firmware Reply with quote

It's the first and I suspect last firmware revision they ever gave me. I've asked MANY times since about any new update.
The old firmware was not readable from the camera, so there was no going back to an older version.

I've built new XP PC's here (reformatted HDD) since that firmware was installed, and ActiveX installed fine for me on IE 6 !!

I DID have some trouble with other PC's with IE but as I said, a strip out (not just uninstall) and reload of ActiveX fixed them.

Bye
poon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: thanks but you just dont get it! Reply with quote

Thanks for that but do you really expect me to ask every person who uses Internet Explorer and who visits our public webcam to 'strip out and reload' their ActivexX just so that they can see a video stream?? Well, I think I will just get my money back on this total piece of crap instead-it's just not fit for purpose!!! Thanks for nothing GrandTec!!!

Bye.
Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all,

i discovered 2 GrandTec IP Camera II (one normal, one wifi), but i cant find the cd, manual, etc...
can anyone help me ?

anything could be a help.. default ip, some kind of firmware update, etc..

regards,

george
Waverider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a manual for a Model II, those are still available as a .pdf download:

http://www.grandtec.it/grandtec/img/Manuali/Grand%20Pan-Tilt-WiFi%20Cam_.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed