IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First post - 18 PoE Camera System to streaming video

racer_x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: First post - 18 PoE Camera System to streaming video Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I'm not sure that this is the proper place to post this thread, so I'm posting in here and in "general discussion". I am a CCTV guy, and I'm new to IP camera systems. That being said, my first big job in the category is proving challenging... and I'd like to just state for the record that this customer's intent for the camera system isn't my cup of tea.

I am trying to put 18 IP, PoE cameras into a building. Each video feed needs to be decent quality, and will become a streaming video feed available for viewing by "a LOT" of viewers. This is a large number, much more than any IP camera can host.

The bandwidth at the location is high-end -- more than 5 mbps upload through fiber optic line.

My original idea for the system was to install 18 IP, PoE cameras, connect each via CAT-V to its own port in a Cisco router, and let each camera upload its feed via a static IP to an off-site host who will then format and multiply the feed. From here, the feed will be delivered to any number of subscribers in the form of a monthly-billed, pay-to-access website. The end user will not rely on the camera as a video server, but rather the bandwidth of said off-site host.

Now, here are my challenges:

1. Camera price must be near or under $300 my cost.
2. Cameras should upload just the video feed, without a built-in software interface. A login procedure is fine, so long as there is not a time-out on the user session, as the cameras will remain on and logged in, transmitting video feed continuously.
3. Minimal or no video server equipment is desired on the customer's end. As much as possible of this system should be kept off-site.

Thank you very much for your help...!

Best regards,

Frank E.
securicorp
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy solution Frank

1) Select Axis 207 or similar axis IP camera, the 207 is under $290. All you need your end is the IP cameras and the switch connected to the Internet

2) Select a streaming service such as from http://www.liveaudiostreaming.com. They can collect a single video feed from each IP camea and distribute to 100's or even 1000's of viewers at any time. You can also deliver full frame rate (real time) high quality video. The streaming package will give you access to a 100Mbps backbone.

3) Ask www.liveaudiostreaming.com for a Pay Per View package, they can set up billing via per minute, hour, day, week or monthly subscribtion

4) The viewer only needs windows media player installed (free with every windows pc) or embed the video directly into a webpage with no interface.

PM me if you need more info
racer_x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Securicorp:

Thank you very much for that fast reply! I was just looking at the 207 and wondering if it was the camera I should use for this job. As long as I can fit an external, 2.6-2.7mm lens on it, it should be perfect!

I will PM you soon; also, I'll keep your business in my contact file.

Best regards,

Frank Elge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Video Servers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed