IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work with Vivotek mainprofile SDK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
xiaorui

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Work with Vivotek mainprofile SDK Reply with quote

Hi, I am a 2rd year master student of ICT conducting my thesis. The aim of it my thesis is to add multimedia alarm reporting into the existing home alarm system. We've bought a Vivotek IP7139 and got its mainprofile SDK. Now we've succeeded to get live video from the camera ,play it out and record on our laptop by using some modules in the SDK. The next step is to deploy a RTP video streaming framework on our laptop and stream the video to the remote alarm receiving centre. We've found some C++ RTP/RTSP library but didn't have clue how to combine it with the live video acquisition part. I am new to multimedia compression, communication area thus the Vivotek mainprofile SDK seems too difficult to handle for me... so is there anyone who has worked with Vivotek or similar SDK, or open source video server? I really need help on clarifying some ideas and concepts, the deadline is coming... Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thank you in advance! My MSN: zxrvillain@hotmail.com
karelm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xiaorui, You should be able to achieve your aim using the mainprofile sdk and combine it with the com object of VLC.

Second important question is wether you are using Darwin connections or direct camera connections? ie, do you use DarwinConnection = false.

Lately I prefer putting a single ST7501 pc betwean the cameras and my own software. That way is more elegant and yields faster connectivity.

VLC is open source and extremely feature rich. You can even use only vlc to connect to your camera via rtsp... like so: rtsp://mycamip/live.sdp

hope this gets you on the right track...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed