IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming your Network Camera with Windows Media Player

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Streaming your Network Camera with Windows Media Player Reply with quote

Streaming your Network Camera with Windows Media Player

Yeah, I said, Streaming your Network Camera with Windows Media Player.

How do yo do that?
Vic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to find a camera the uses RTP/RTSP to view the camera. This will allow you to have a feed go to Windows Media Player, Real Player or Quicktime. Please note there is usually a five second delay with the video.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recomend a camera?
Vic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Axis 210/210A supports RTSP.

Vivotek recently launched the 7135/7137 camera which also supports RTSP.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will RTP/RTSP work with Windows Mobile WMP?

I have been experimenting with a Vivotek 3137 (not RTP/RTSP) and have managed to get video streamed to a PDA but with no sound, via a third party piece of software. For my application I must have sound (probably more important than video) and don't want to have to go via a piece of software in a PC. Is RTP/RTSP all I need?

Thanks in advance

Tony
MacIP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a similar question to the owner of this web site. He mentioned he could only get the IP7137 to work with Quicktime and Real Player. He said the 7137 had many bugs.

Did you get the RTP/RTSP feature working over the web?

Mac
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me that there seems to be no decent audio support among the camera and software makers. I'm starting to think we'll have to get someone to write a bespoke application for the PDA in order to achieve streamed video and audio from a camera.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a response from Vivotek to say that the 7137 would work with 3G products and suggested I develop my own software for a PDA, based on Helix.

I've been looking at the Axis range. Their website claims that all their cameras (apart from 206) support RTSP with latest firmware. They also produce a paper with instructions specifically on the audio aspects of their products. I'll talk with them but has anyone here got experience of, say the 207W, in a streaming environment?
momussMG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Streaming your Network Camera with Windows Media Player Reply with quote

Hi!
I have an IP camera: Siemens Gigaset WLAN Camera (MPEG4 + audio):
http://gigaset.siemens.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_88886_rArNrNrNrN,00.html
I can look at movies applying Windows Media Player. It was one should write: file: open URL adress: and write: http://192.168.?.?/img/video.asf
It works via internet too: for example: http://myIPadress.dyndns.org:1024/img/video.asf where 1024 is forwarding port in router. Quality of image is quite better comparison with "www" browser.
This works in Linksys WVC54G camera too.

Best regards - Mariusz (Poland)

==============================================
9 April 2006
Yes, it worked with Realplayer too: for example: http://myIPadress.dyndns.org:1024/img/video.asf

Last edited by momussMG on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your Siemens camera work with Quicktime or Realplayer? This would be using the RTP/RTSP protocol.

Tony, I have had experience with the 7135/7137 from Vivotek. I was able to get it streaming through Quicktime but only through a local connection. When trying to connect through the Internet, I was unable to pull up the camera in Quictime and Realplayer.

I have heard the Axis cameras work great for Streaming in Quicktime. You can also embed the quicktime video in a webpage if you wanted too.
axello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Gigaset WLAN camera over WAN Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a friend who bought this Gigaset WLAN Camera.

It is used for supervision thought Internet.

The camera is 192.168.0.7
The routeur is 192.168.1
The DNS in Belgium are : 195.238.2.21 and 195.238.2.22

The laptop can connect on the camera but we cannot have any pictures from Internet.

I know he have dynamic IP addresses. So I
- went on http://www.dyndns.org
- created an account
- created a host service (dynamic host)
I choosed [ID].dyndns.tv
I didn't use the wildcard nor the last option (sorry don't remember)
DynDNS reconized immediatly the public IP address

Then I configured the camera (in Network-DDNS part of administration menu)
hostname is [ID].dyndns.tv
username and password are the ones in www.dyndns.org "host service"

Now I can "ping" [ID].dyndns.tv, it also seems that the IP address is update correctly (it changed the IP address once)

But when I open my Internet Explorer and type "http://[id].dyndns.tv" ,the page is not shown ...

I even tried to use advanced options in the camera administrator options (network, options) (by specifying a port (1024). Then I tried : http://[ID].dyndns.tv:1024 I still have the problem

Do you have any idea???

Thanks for any help,

Axello
sanouk_666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello axello, did you open the port on the router, e.g. set up port forwarding to your camera and the correct port (80 I suppose)

for example port forwarding port 80 from 192.168.0.7 to port 8080 on the public ip in ur router

then try http://ID.dyndns.org:8080

use 8080 cause many ISP's (like telenet in belgium) will block port 80 and all ports below 1024 to stop you from running web and other servers on standard ports...

rgds,

Sanouk_666
rauckenthaler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just bought a level1 webcam, which is basically a vivotek PT3127 PT ip wireless webcam.

I bought it cause it said H263+ video stream in the datasheet. I also want to stream the video/audio streams using RTSP. As there is no official software i thought about starting writing my own.

So far i get the streams out of the camera but when i look at the video stream it doesnt seem to be H263+ encoded. So now i'm a bit stranded.

does anybody know more about the formats for the video and also for audio as this seems a strange format too.

If i get more info that would be great - would also make the software open source if there is interest by others.

so if some folk here could help that would be really apprecitated.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would the SDK from Vivotek help you?
rauckenthaler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
would the SDK from Vivotek help you?

yep i guess the SDK would help for running it on windows and integrate it there. Do you have the SDK which you could share with me?

In future i would also like to run on linux and would then need more flexibility.

Also do people know if the Vivotek webcams are actually H263+ compatible? I'm not sure if the video bitstream is compliant when i look at it. Do some people have some experience there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed