IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help choosing software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software
blks2k2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Need help choosing software Reply with quote

Hello all -

I wanted to give you an idea of what my setup is and give me a reccomendation based on my needs.

I bought the Versacam IR/36 Wireless system -

System comes with 1 wireless camera and a USB wireless receiver. I bought 2 additional cameras and recievers to add to the system - i chose to do all wireless to make it easy to install, less mess, and I live in a rental, so nothing can be permanent. I get everything setup - no problem, and the cameras came with Blue Iris software - I hate it.

I want a software that will be able to record continuous 24 hr video of all 3 cameras, and safe to viewable files by day - then start a new file after each day. Files should be able to be viewed by media player or something simple (i.e, .AVI files, etc) - I need the video files to be time / date stamped and also allow audio recording ( cameras have microphones built in) -

Any help? I am not looking to spend more than $150 for software if possible or reasonably close.

Please help!

Thanks all!

Andrew Smile
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Iris does exactly what you want - where's the problem? Seems it is just a matter of setting up.

You can setup Blue Iris to save into different folders for every day, and start a new file every hour (I recommend that, because otherwise you will get too large files to handle)

Blue Iris does everything you ask for:

Files being recorded can be watched with media player, or divx player if set up correctly.

date and time is placed in the picture...

where is the problem?

Is the version you got somehow restricted?
blks2k2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Iris does not allow continuous recording 24 hrs a day - it breaks it up into max 1.5 gig files - I don't want that - I want no restrictions on recording
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want to do so, if you have players being able to handle that large files it is ok. I tage it as an feature not as a bug that large recordings are split.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> IP Video Surveillance Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed