IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon VB-C50ir Java Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
wildlifereconsystems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Canon VB-C50ir Java Question Reply with quote

I have a Canon Vb-c50ir and I am having problems viewing it through java through the internet, but I can view it through the local network.. How do I go about doing this... Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
Cameron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

can you access the vb-c50ir over the internet? can you post the link to your camera and we can try and access it?
MVZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Canon VB-C50ir Java Question Reply with quote

I am also not able to see one of our camera's using the java viewer. I have tried different java versions, but that has not resolved the issue. I also have other VB-C50ir's with the same type of Static DSL connection, and they working fine at the moment. I did have trouble with one other one, but it just started working one day. If anyone has an answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the IP address of the webcam in question. 70.230.236.50
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MVZ,

I tried pulling up your camera and I could not view it with Java. What ports do you have forwarding for the camera in y our router? Just port 80? Some cameras have multiple ports you need to forward to enable remote viewing. I will look into the VB0C50IR. Are any other ports listed in the configuration of the camera? If so, please tell me which ports and the name of the protocol that uses the port. (an example is port 80 is HTTP)

Let me know if you need further clarification Smile
MVZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Canon VB-C50ir Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick response Wes.

There are a couple other ports listed on the settings page of the camera. The "Video Transmission Port" which is 65310, and the "Camera Control Port" which is 65311. I would assume that these ports are open, because I am able to view the camera through the "Admin Viewer". I am just unable to view it through the Internet Explorer using Java. Oh yeah, we are also unable to view it with FireFox.

I hope this gives you a little more information. If you think of anything that I could try, I would really appreciate it. I am open to any suggestions at this point.

MVZ
wildlifereconsystems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Anyone figured this out Reply with quote

I still havent figured out how to view my canon vb-c50ir with java through the internet , but can only view it through java over the LAN... Im guessin its not possible but dont know... Any help out there would be appreciated..

Thanks
Cameron
Canon1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will forward this on to the Canon Engineering Department so that they can explain how to use the Java properly for your application.
Canon U.S.A, Inc.
Phone 516-328-4539
Mobile 917-797-3783
mames@cusa.canon.com
Canon1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the settings Page - Go to Server and Enter the Static IP address on the HTTP Server Section as well as the port number(most likely 80). On the router, make sure that port 80 is routed properly bidirectional.
Canon U.S.A, Inc.
Phone 516-328-4539
Mobile 917-797-3783
mames@cusa.canon.com
deimos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Canon problem Reply with quote

I have a VB-C50i with the same problem

(via a Hawking router).

Look forward to hearing your solution.
tc

Last edited by deimos on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
deimos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Canon problem Reply with quote

Here is my web site, with the Canon VB-C50i that will not work with JAVA, however the WebViewer works fine on the WAN. Java works fine on the LAN.

http://deimospg.com/Deimos6/cam.html

Is a static IP mandatory from the ISP?
Mine is dynamic, although has been the same for many months now.

Not sure how to set up the Video and Control port forwarding (65310/ 65311) - using a hawking router. Suggestions

I have a word document that show the entire set up if some network genius is interested - just send me an email and I'll forward the word file.

Thanks

tom@deimospg.com

Camera Notes:

Default Gateway is set to router at 192.168.1.254
Camera HTTP port is 80
Global address is 207.216.208.81

Router Notes:
Internet IP is 207.216.208.81
Lan IP is 192.168.1.254
DHCP Server is enabled
Internal port 80~81
ExternalPort 81~82
WAN port is assigned automatically
DNS is automatically obtain from server
connection = DHCP

Many thanks to the person(s) that know how to fix this!

tc
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Canon VB-C50ir Reply with quote

MVZ wrote:

There are a couple other ports listed on the settings page of the camera. The "Video Transmission Port" which is 65310, and the "Camera Control Port" which is 65311. I would assume that these ports are open, because I am able to view the camera through the "Admin Viewer". I am just unable to view it through the Internet Explorer using Java. Oh yeah, we are also unable to view it with FireFox.

I hope this gives you a little more information. If you think of anything that I could try, I would really appreciate it. I am open to any suggestions at this point.

MVZ

You will need to set up the router for the documented port range and assigned them to the local area IP address of the camera in order to access it from a remote location.

Also, Java is not nearly as reliable as active X. type cameras
Maui Custom Surveillance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Canon VB-C50ir Reply with quote

Maui Custom Surveillance wrote:
MVZ wrote:

MVZ

You will need to set up the router for the documented port range and assigned them to the local area IP address of the camera in order to access it from a remote location.

Also, Java is not nearly as reliable as active X. type cameras

What do you mean that the "Wan port" is assigned automatically? The only port that's automatically assigned is the default port 80
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed