IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linksys WVC54GC wireless problems!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Chris_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Linksys WVC54GC wireless problems!!! Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Compact Linksys Wireless-G internet video camera (WVC54GC) and i was able to set it up, and it works fine with an ethernet cable. but since my ethernet cable is only 30 feet long, it won't reach the place i would like to put the camera, so i'd like the camera to work wirelessly. i can ping it while the ethernet cable is connected and get a response, but i can't get any response while the camera is on wireless mode.

I have a 2wire router, and the spot i'd like to place the camera is inside the house, about 45 feet from the router, in the window, to monitor the front side of my house, strictly security reasons. i'd just like to be able to check on the video every once and awhile from my laptop in another room (approx. 50 feet away from the camera, on the opposite side of the house.)

i've changed the camera to wireless mode, by unplugging the power cable, and ethernet cable, then plugging in the power cable without the ethernet cable. however, when i set it to wireless mode, my router won't pick it up, and change the connection type to 'wireless' it just says the device is 'inactive.'

on my home network, there's 1 desktop (ethernet connection), and 2 versions of the same laptop (1 ethernet connection, and 1 wireless connection) then my internet camera, which only says ethernet.

i don't really care about checking the video from a computer away from my home, online, i ONLY want to be able to monitor and check in on the front part of my house every once in awhile from my laptop, in another room. (it's slightly inconvenient to get up and walk across the house every 10 minutes or so)

any suggestions for getting my router to recognize my internet camera wirelessly instead of just through an ethernet connection???

also, is there any way to see the live video a different way than putting in the IP in the URL bar and clicking 'view video'???

thanks in advance!

~Chris
PolarisUSA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wireless AP i'm sure has some sort of encryption configured (I would hope). Make sure you setup the camera with the proper security settings.
Chris_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarisUSA wrote:
Your wireless AP i'm sure has some sort of encryption configured (I would hope). Make sure you setup the camera with the proper security settings.

Thanks, i was fairly sure i had the correct encryption settings for the camera, the camera just wasn't being recognized as a wireless connection. I'll check again those configurations again though.
seniormaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: wireless linksys Reply with quote

I have 2 linksys cameras working good. I bought a external hard drive so any motion gets recorded. I go on the internet & see the cameras. when I'm home I watch both monitor at a time & play back. when on the internet you have to go to 2 diffrent addresses. I 'm looking for a third camera. I did it all my self with
a little help. linksys didn't really help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed