IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airlink Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
950guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Airlink Camera Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the AirLink 101 SkyIPCam250W Network Camera. A lot of places in my area (Toronto) have these for sale.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of those cameras before so I took a look them up.

They seem like decent cameras. I liked how they run in Java and ActiveX. This means you are not restricted to Internet Explorer to view the camera.

I will contact AirLink and see if I can get them to list the cameras on our site.

Cheers!
atellar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought one of these cameras the wireless one, and it works great both wired or wireless. It was very easy to setup. Great picture quality even in low light. I use it to monitor my dog in the yard while at work.
xsnrg

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else try one of these? One can pick one up for about $80 it seems.
manzelmo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: skyip 250w Reply with quote

I have 2 of them, bought the 2nd a couple weeks ago on sale at Fry's, under $80, now they are 120. Simple to setup. Works well with ActiveWebCam
AaronP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Couldn't get wi-fi to work Reply with quote

Unusual but had a terrible time getting wifi working. WPA-PSK does not appear to actually work on this camera despite the camera supporting it. Support docs mention something about interference but this thing wouldn't connect under any channel setting. I'm assuming the WPA-PSK security simply doesn't work and/or wasn't tested by the mfg. Video quality is good even on high compression settings. Haven't tried the ftp upload feature but I plan on it once I get the wifi working. At scheduled intervals you can have the cam either email or upload videos via ftp.
manzelmo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are running wpa

You have to update the firmware to 3.30 (2007-08-21)
JackTheReefer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but don't try to use a password longer than 8 characters. It won't let you know, so if you change the password to a 9 character password, it only stores 8 characters. Then, it appears, if you type in a 9 character password it appears to submit all 9 characters and fails to log in. You have to use only the first 8 characters to get back in.

Interestingly, though, if you attempt to change it to a password with a special character, it warns you that this is not allowed, and puts you back to the change password screen (without changing the password, as expected).
osmium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: airlink101 with WPA Reply with quote

OK, to the guy who said his is running WPA: were your experiences anything like mine?

Here's my situation: Linksys WRT54G wireless router, currently configured to use WPA-Personal, and WPA-Algorithms=TKIP . I have two laptops that have used this wirelessly, so I know it works.

I have the 3.30 version of the firmware. On the Wizard screen, I have:

Wireless=Enable (but it's grayed out)
Connection mode = infrastructure (no idea what this means, but if I change it to
Adhoc, the WPA-PSK choice for Security Mode goes away)
Security mode: WPA-PSK
Authentication: Open (the other choices are grayed out anyway). Hit Next

Now the Wireless Interface screen has everything disabled EXCEPT for Pre-Shared Key. I enter the "WPA Shared Key:" from my Linksys screen. Hit Next.

Now the Summary screen shows wireless=disable. After going down this path several times, I finally disconnected the wired connection to the camera and hit Restart, expecting nothing to happen. Mirabile dictu, it worked!

I also hit the "password characters after 8 are silently dropped" bug. How stupid of them to do that. I probably wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't bought (and returned) a DLink camera, which had some almost identical screens. Wonder if they stole code from each other? Very Happy
crea58

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: airlink101 with WPA Reply with quote

osmium wrote:
OK, to the guy who said his is running WPA: were your experiences anything like mine?

Here's my situation: <a href="http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/networkcameras/linksys/index.html" style="color: #333333; text-decoration: none;">Linksys</a> WRT54G wireless router, currently configured to use WPA-Personal, and WPA-Algorithms=TKIP . I have two laptops that have used this wirelessly, so I know it works.

I have the 3.30 version of the firmware. On the Wizard screen, I have:

Wireless=Enable (but it's grayed out)
Connection mode = infrastructure (no idea what this means, but if I change it to
Adhoc, the WPA-PSK choice for Security Mode goes away)
Security mode: WPA-PSK
Authentication: Open (the other choices are grayed out anyway). Hit Next

Now the Wireless Interface screen has everything disabled EXCEPT for Pre-Shared Key. I enter the "WPA Shared Key:" from my <a href="http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/networkcameras/linksys/index.html" style="color: #333333; text-decoration: none;">Linksys</a> screen. Hit Next.

Now the Summary screen shows wireless=disable. After going down this path several times, I finally disconnected the wired connection to the camera and hit Restart, expecting nothing to happen. Mirabile dictu, it worked!

I also hit the "password characters after 8 are silently dropped" bug. How stupid of them to do that. I probably wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't bought (and returned) a DLink camera, which had some almost identical screens. Wonder if they stole code from each other? Very Happy

I have the same problem
Bobwilliams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Airlink Camera Reply with quote

BB-HCM381A camera can be viewed and controlled from a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA. Place them in your home, office, vacation home or almost anywhere else that you'd like to keep an eye on things, with no PC required on location! They are easy to install and operate and require no additional software for the PC that you're viewing them on. Equipped with a 42x zoom function (21x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom), the camera lets you zoom in and out in a total of 12 steps (10-step optical zoom and 2-step digital zoom) to view objects that are close or far away. Two-way voice communication. CCD sensor for enhanced image expression. Record directly onto SD cards. Simple ethernet connection - No PC required. Control the camera remotely. Record only what you want to record. Create your own free web address. Sensor recording and email alerts

--------------------------------------------------------
Bobwilliams
exposure marketing
SpinCycle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a heck of a time getting this camera running. I've a bit of a complex situation , at least for my limited experience. I'm trying to setup the camera to run in my laundromat but view and control from home. I have the AICAP650W wireless version. I think that I've tried the setup 8 times now. About the best that I can accomplish is getting the camera to work at my home while it's wired. I cannot seem to get anything when it's off the cable.

I'm using a 2Wire portal on an SBC DSL line at both locations. Two different portals but the same service company. I'm using the WEP key for the correct portal and know that it works becuase I've setup a new laptop with the same portals.

If anyone has the time to write up some idot proof instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed