IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video Server Suggestions?

Jmedina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Video Server Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Josue Medina from Puerto Rico. I got a question, I know there is a way to covert analog camera to IP. I got 70 analog camera all the cables are in the same room. I want to convert them to IP and transffer the data via Local Wireless Network, accross the street. less than 1 mile, and record data on the new monitor room.

This is possible? and you guys recommend me.
garry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In general it is possible, but the bandwidth will be too low to do this with wireless.

There are some low cost converters, IP9100, 4 ports, but 1 port is usable to record permanently. You better look for an Axis converter which enables you to convert a bunch of channels at once.

If you have a common wireless technology the bandwidth will be way to low for 70 cams. Think about to record in the room where you convert the videos to IP and view recordings through the wireless only. I understand this might be a security problem.

I hope this helps,

Garry

http://www.c-mor.com
Intellio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Video Server Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi,

We have good experience with the Axis 241 series converters. Yo have those as mono-channel, quad-channel and rackable units.
Two things though; those converters are not cheap, and in high number they will be demanding on bandwidth, so you might want to create a local G-bit network for the converters and the recording server b/c putting all 70 channels on your 100MB (?) LAN would be quite a challenge.

Rgds,
Johan
Johan@Intellio.us
frank8111

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: use video encoder to convert analog camera to IP Reply with quote

Hi,Josue Medina .

If you want to covert analog camera to IP,you can try the video encoder.and it is possible to connect 70 cameras in LAN.

Frank,

frank_hhc@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Video Servers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed