IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need configuration recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Oblique

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Need configuration recommendation Reply with quote

My uncle needs a camera system installed at his house. Right now he has an old system in his barn to keep an eye on his horses. He wants to be able to link that system up to a new system at his house with remote viewing capability.

The system in the barn is about 10 years old and records on tape. It is connected wirelessly between the barn and house covering a distance of about 1000 feet. In the house there is a unit that connects to a coax cable so he can view the cameras from any television in his house.

For the house he wants two cameras under the eaves of the roof, 1 for the front of the house and 1 for the back. In addition he would also like a camera placed about 100 feet away from the house looking towards the house.

Can anyone recommend the equipment he needs to buy? I'm experienced with setting up networks, but I have never installed a camera system before.
ipvideotechnician
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oblique,

For your outdoor cameras I would suggest the Panasonic BL-C140 outdoor IP CCTV Camera. These are outdoor ready cameras which offer Power over Ethernet and are very easy to set up. Alternativley the Panasonic BL-C160 additionally offers a PIR infrared sensor and white-light LEDs.

Are you looking to run a network cable to the camera away from the house? If so I would suggest the 140/160 again, if not I would suggest the Panasonic BB-HCM371 outdoor wireless IP CCTV Camera. This would allow you to place the camera outdoors and connect to a standard wireless network.

I'll need a bit more info on your barn camera. What type of wireless connection is being used? Most standard home wireless networks tend to struggle over 80 meters (line of sight). If your system is stable I may suggest a video encoder such as the Axis 241S Video Encoder. This will encode your analogue camera signal into network format so that you can view over the internet.

Recording can be made to a local PC. There are a few options available. The first is Milestone XProtect Basis+ Recording software which will record from all the listed devices. There are als manufacturers own software such as the Panasonic Network Camera Recorder Software or the Axis Camera Station Recording Software. Both suites will only record from their own manufacturer.

James
www.remotemanager.co.uk - IP cameras for the Construction Industry.
geolt3
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We worked with a company called www.wirelessoutdoorcam.com and they quoted and setup one of our site trailers with a desktop PC with a PCI DVR card that can handle 4 cameras and the software that allowed us to also record video from a couple of their wireless outdoor network cameras. The analog camers are muchmore inexpensive compared to the IP or wireless ones sowe saved some money there. But the wireless cameras allowusto put them almost any where. Just call their 800# ask them to quote you a system like the one they did GeoRad Construction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed