IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DSC-5300 A/V embedding to a web page problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
ColeR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: DSC-5300 A/V embedding to a web page problem. Reply with quote

Ok I have tried everything to get my camera (dsc-5300) A/V stream imbedded in to a web page. and all I get is a black box where the video should be, I have read 40-50 forum pages with all kinds of input Smile the error msg I get says "failed to connect" just like everyone else. I am trying to get it in to a web page as some companies block certain ports, 5 (read on for explanation) being one of them. I would like to use the 5000-5004 ports only

the only thing I can see that is different, is that I am running firmware 1.05, where others are saying they are running the lower versions. most posts in relation to the DSC-5300 are from 2005 and 2006.

so far I have opened my router to 80 for a web server (win2k3), and then I have opened port 5 for the web camera, this way my friends could go to my web site OR go to the camera. I have also opened ports 5000-5004,

webcam internal IP address is 192.168.1.105

So on my router
I have port 80 forwarded to ==> 192.168.1.2 for the web server
I have port 5 forwarded to ==> 192.168.1.105 for web cam
I have ports 5000-5004 forwarded to ==>192.168.1.105

I hope you see the problem I am having I cant have the router point port 80 to the web server and camera at the same time, that's why the router directs anything coming in on port 5 to the camera atm.

I have created a test account on the camera
username, internet
password, test

for access it is http://www.rinehardt.net:5

this is the script/code I am using
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")&&(navigator.platform != "MacPPC"))
{
document.write("<OBJECT ID=\"VaCtrl\" WIDTH=362 HEIGHT=306");
document.write(" CLASSID=CLSID:A93B47FD-9BF6-4DA8-97FC-9270B9D64A6C");
document.write(" CODEBASE=\"http://www.rinehardt.net:5004/plugin/h263ctrl.cab#version=1,7,0,5\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"Url\" VALUE=\"http://www.rinehardt.net:5004/cgi-bin/video.vam\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"VSize\" VALUE=\"CIF\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"RemoteIP\" VALUE=\www.rinehardt.net>");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"RemotePort\" VALUE=\"www.rinehardt.net:5001\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"DisplayTimeFormat\" VALUE=\"1\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"DigitalZoomEnableChk\" VALUE=\"false\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"DigitalZoomEdit\" VALUE=\"true\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"Language\" VALUE=\"EN\">");
document.write("<PARAM NAME=\"Stretch\" VALUE=\"1\">");
document.write("</OBJECT>");
}
//-->
</script>

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

once i get it to a web page i am going to disable port 5, i think you understand why..

i think the only other question i have is, if a web page pull the A/V from a internal IP rather than have to go outside my house. i dont think so, but....

per forum rules i have tried to add as much detail about my problem.

please, can anyone help me ?

Thanks ColeR
W00dyW00d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, first I would try changing the port you use for the camera. 1-1024 are common ports. Try moving it above that range.

Also what type of router do you have. Some routers you can specify "from port" and "to ports". if you can do that then you can say from 8080 but to 80 of the camera internal ip and from 80, to 80 on web server ip.

Also looking at your code double check this line. maybe its only suppose to be port only, not host:port.

ColeR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00dyW00d wrote:
Hello, first I would try changing the port you use for the camera. 1-1024 are common ports. Try moving it above that range.

Also what type of router do you have. Some routers you can specify "from port" and "to ports". if you can do that then you can say from 8080 but to 80 of the camera internal ip and from 80, to 80 on web server ip.

Also looking at your code double check this line. maybe its only suppose to be port only, not host:port.

Hey thanks,

I will give it a try when i get home from work. and post if changing what you advised worked !!!

right now I cant see anything , as i changed the router fwd'ing options...

Its a linksys router, the BEFSR41 and I have "port 5 " fwd'ed to port 80 for the cameras IP.

but i just though of this, i also have ports and 5000-5004 fwd'ed to port 80 for the cameras IP, this might be part of my problem, rather than open those ports, I have the router changing them to 80. MMmmm

thanks a bunch

ColeR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed