IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Axis 207W installation issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
midnite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Axis 207W installation issue Reply with quote

Hi everyone, Iím having some problems setting up my Axis 207W IP camera and was wondering if someone has had a similar issue.

Here is my configuration:

XP Pro Operating System
NetGear Range Max Wireless N Router WNR834B Ė IP 192.168.1.1
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Axis207W default IP - 192.168.0.90

When first setting up my camera I was not able to see it on the network. After reading posts on these boards, that were very helpful, I was able to come to the conclusion that my router default IP may need to be changed. So I did that and also added a entry in the port forwarding section of the router settings and then my configuration looked like this.

XP Pro Operating System
Router IP - 192.168.0.1
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Axis207W IP - 192.168.0.90
Port Forwarding Ė Axis Cam -start port 80 end port 80 Server IP Ė 192.168.0.90

Once I did this I was able to see the camera on the network, I then used the Axis utility tool to set the IP of the camera with automatic discovery. I then set the password, clicked ok and I was able to see my camera image on the Live View page. After a little dance, I then started to turn the Focus ring to get the image in focus but I ended up loosing the connection to the camera both on the Live View Page and the network. Since then I have not been able to see the camera on the network again. Iíve tried to reset the router back to the original settings and redo my changes back again but no success. Iíve tried rebooting the router, deleting the port forwarding entry and starting from scratch but no luck. If anyone has seen this happen before or can maybe lead me into the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie here and to IP video so I apologize if I didnít provide all the correct information.

Thanks for your time.
bobby1471
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically from what I am reading, you have now reset your router back to default meaning the following:

Router IP: 192.168.1.1
Router Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

This means your camera will need to be set with a static (non-changing) IP of 192.168.1.xxx (replace xxx with any number from 2-254 not being used). This can easily be done with the Axis IP Utility. If you need anymore more help please reply.
midnite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused because my cameras default ip is 192.168.0.90 and my routers default ip is 192.168.1.1. I'm new to this network stuff but I'm assuming my router and camera need to be 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx.
Is this correct? and if so the only way for me to get this setting is to change my routers ip address to match the first 3 of the cameras ip 192.168.0. Do I also need to use port forwarding to allow the camera on the network. I currently have and entry start port 80 end port 80 and ip 192.168.0.90.

When I did change the routers ip to 192.168.0.1 and set up the port forwarding the camera worked for about a minute then I lost connection. It seems weird that it would work for a minute and thats it. Does using a dynamic ip have anything to do with it? I am currently useing a dynamic ip I'm wondering if I should be using a static IP if that's even possible with road runner cable.

Thanks for taking the time to reply
bobby1471
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your external network would have nothing to do with your internal network. But to answer your question. Yes, the network must match. The camera and the router must be 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx. Your camera would not require port forwarding for local viewing, but for external viewing it would. If your on a dynamic IP from your ISP then you can use sources like www.dydns.com to setup dns to resolve your issues there. Smile
midnite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I contacted the company I purchased the camera from and they tried to help but experienced the same issues. They are taking the camera back to the shop and are going to try it there. I will keep everyone posted on the result.
cglaeser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably don't need to change the IP address of your router. It's probably sufficient to change the IP address of your computer. The following sequence should work.

Change computer to static IP 192.168.0.2
Connect with camera. (both are now 192.168.0.x)
Change camera to static IP 192.168.1.90
Change computer back to 192.168.1.x (all devices are now 192.168.1.x)
Connect with camera again

Best,
Christopher
midnite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess my camera was bad. The company I purchased from tried to get the camera to work but had the same result. They've been very helpful with this issue. They've decided to return the camera and try a new one. I'll keep everyone posted on the result. I should get my new camera next week sometime.. Can't wait. Very Happy
midnite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my new camera today and got it up and running in minutes. Don't know what all the setting mean yet but the camera is plugged into the network and working. I'm having a new issue setting up the wireless part, the camera doesn't recognized my wireless network but sees every other wireless network in the hood Very Happy. I checked the router settings to make sure I was broadcasting the signal and I am. My computer recognizes the wireless network with no problem.. Hmmmm. If anyone else has had this issue any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
midnite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, figured this one out also. I have a wireless N router and my camera only supports b or g. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed