IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem getting Xprotect to add Panasonic cameras.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
rubberfist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Problem getting Xprotect to add Panasonic cameras. Reply with quote

Here is the breakdown of the system:

Milestone Xprotect Basis+ with 4 camera licence installed as an application on a dedicated PC (new Dell Vostro system that exceeds all software requirements). I downloaded and installed the latest Xprotect Device Pack 4.0 but have not installed Xprotect Basis+ 6.5a.

The server PC is connected to a Cisco-Linksys 8-port PoE switch which is connected to four Panasonic cameras: 3 x BB-HCM511CE and 1 x BB-HCM581A.

Initially I used the Panasonic documentation and software (the free, single camera version included with each camera) to "find" the cameras on the network, and allowed the software to set the IP's. I used the Panasonic software to access each camera in turn to verifty that all was working well - I am able to access each camera individually.

However when I follow the procedures to "add device" in Milestone - i.e. specify the IP and enter the admin password - I get the hourglass icon for over a minute and then an error message that it could not autodetect the type of camera. Even after selecting Panasonic BB-HCM series from the drop-down list, it still can't detect the camera.

I have tried various things: plugged only one camera into the switch, reset the camera to factory default, etc...

I'm quite green with network issues, however any help would be much appreciated.
captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: same problem ... :-( Reply with quote

Hi, i have the same problem with a Panasonic BL-C131 - do you have found any solution?
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

The Panasonic BB/BL series cameras do not come with a default administrative username, but you might have noticed that XProtect Basis+, Professional and Enterprise do not ask you for the cameras username during the add process. This is because the drivers are all built using the default administrative username.

Since these cameras do not have a default username, and the username must be 6 characters long, the Milestone driver expects the username to be "admin1".

Alternatively you may be able to add the device by specifying both the username and password in the password field during the add process like so...

"uname:passwd"
captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you! Now it works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed