IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I view all of my cameras in a web browser window?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
marklyn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: How can I view all of my cameras in a web browser window? Reply with quote

have several Trendnet IP cameras(212W & 312w cams)that I use for home/property surveillance. I am trying to create a single web page with several 'windows', one window for each live camera feed. This would be something that I can view with a browswer when I'm on the road and see everything at once (5 cameras so far).
The problem is that I can't find any substantial documentation to help me figure out how to create such a web page. I have looked through Trendnet's site for documentation, examples, etc. but nothing there. I've scoured the net for example sites and, while I've found some, they tend to be very difficult to read and understand (or beyond my HTML coding ability)
If someone could help me out by pointing me in the right direction or telling me where I can find some example code to create some java windows, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to use client software to accomplish this, there is plenty of that out there and I want this to be available to me anywhere I have a browser window. Is this really that difficult?
donovan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklyn,

There's nothing particularly difficult about doing what you described, it's actually pretty simple. If you can create an html table and copy/paste a few lines of code you can have a working page up and running in 10 to 15 minutes - easy.

Here's a couple of threads from last month that sort of hit on your request.

http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/forums/about2428.html

http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/forums/about2390.html

I'm not familiar with Trendnet cameras but if you want all 5 cams visible at the same time, all ya SHOULD have to do is type up a simple html page, put in a 5 or 6 celled table to organize your vids and pop the java code for the individual cameras into each cell (or split them into individual html pages and load them up using iframes). There might be some minor tweaking involved like renaming the applets but nothing requiring any real coding skills.

The 2nd page I linked to discusses how to pull snapshots out of your cam and have them update every few seconds. This method could also be used to compile all your cams on one page. Just replace the URL for the Airlink 250's snapshot with the one for Trendnet's. I'm not sure about the 212W but the 312W's URL is:

http://username:password@ipaddress:portnumber/cgi/jpg/image.cgi

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed