IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outdoor ptz camera enclosure without blower/heater??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
dean_special

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Outdoor ptz camera enclosure without blower/heater?? Reply with quote

Has anyone installed a ptz camera in the outdoor enclosure without
fan blower/heater? I live in California where the temperature range
is between 40 and 90 degree so I doubt I really need a fan or heater.
Do you see any issues without it?
bobby1471
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an Axis 213ptz outside with no heater/blower and it gets below freezing and up to 100 degrees here, and it hasn't failed yet. So you shouldn't have any problems.
dean_special

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby1471 wrote:
We have an Axis 213ptz outside with no heater/blower and it gets below freezing and up to 100 degrees here, and it hasn't failed yet. So you shouldn't have any problems.

Does your dome enclosure get foggy when raining or get really cold? Just curious, when enclosure do you use?
dean_special

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dean_special wrote:
bobby1471 wrote:

Does your dome enclosure get foggy when raining or get really cold? Just curious, when enclosure do you use?

Typo here. I meant to say "what enclosure do you use". Smile
Dwayne
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a extreamly cheap enclosure for a ptz which actually is for indoor use. I haven't had any problems with temperatures down to -20C in Germany here during winter. Summer will still show how good it really is. Smile
LundDK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Outdoor ptz camera enclosure without blower/heater?? Reply with quote

dean_special wrote:
Has anyone installed a ptz camera in the outdoor enclosure without
fan blower/heater? I live in California where the temperature range
is between 40 and 90 degree so I doubt I really need a fan or heater.
Do you see any issues without it?

The past two years i have a Avtech avi201 uotside my house without blower/heater, i live 1 km from the Nordsea and i never had any problems.
Mike60

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy

I am new here. Sorry for my poor English.

I have two webcam. One Edimax - http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/Mihai60/1/show.html
and one AVTech AVI201Z for another surveillance Smile)

" LundDK "

I have the same AVTech cam AVI201Z.
I install this cam two weeks ago. In my town winter are - 10 and sommer + 40. But this +40 Celsius are at umbra. It is necessary to included blower ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

PS. Where can I put couple pictures with my case?
LundDK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike60 wrote:
Hi all Very Happy

I am new here. Sorry for my poor English.

I have two webcam. One Edimax - http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/Mihai60/1/show.html
and one AVTech AVI201Z for another surveillance Smile)

" LundDK "

I have the same AVTech cam AVI201Z.
I install this cam two weeks ago. In my town winter are - 10 and sommer + 40. But this +40 Celsius are at umbra. It is necessary to included blower ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

PS. Where can I put couple pictures with my case?

No i dont believe you need a blower, i never had any problems, and mine get the sun most of the days. You can check here http://hl.dynalias.com/default.htm
alittle1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that the equipment would suffer more from the freeze/thaw cycles that occur each day. The blower would disperse any humidity that condenses inside the housing, and the heater would 'dry out' the air contained within. Humidity isn't just on the outer surface or glass/plastic areas, it is throughout the entire workings of the camera and is a CCD plate 'Killer'. If you have foggy images, this is the cause of them.
LundDK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alittle1 wrote:
I would think that the equipment would suffer more from the freeze/thaw cycles that occur each day. The blower would disperse any humidity that condenses inside the housing, and the heater would 'dry out' the air contained within. Humidity isn't just on the outer surface or glass/plastic areas, it is throughout the entire workings of the camera and is a CCD plate 'Killer'. If you have foggy images, this is the cause of them.

In my houses i have the power supply for the cam put, the heat from the powersupply keep the houses dry and fine inside. In januar this year, i have one of the houses put down for service and when i open the house, every thing look like brand new, and the house have been up for over two years now. I live about two km from the nordsea, and the camhouses get a lots of salt from the ocean but no foggy images, clear like brand new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed