IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot access a 2nd IP cam from the Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Cannot access a 2nd IP cam from the Internet Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry if there is an answer somewhere in this forum, I have not been able to trace the correct post...

I am using a Linksys WVC54GCA and can access it from the internet (via TZO) without any problem.
I recently added a 2nd camera. I can access this Cam2 locally (via the LAN IP 192.168.1.103 or via the monitoring utility provided by Linksys).
When I try to access this Cam2 using the domain name given by TZO from a remote place, I always end to Cam1.

- Response from Linksys support was to configure the TZO parameters in the DDNS section of the router and not on the cam. This is not aligned with all the info that I have been able to find on various sites about configuring IP cams (TZO, Linksys and many others).
- Response from TZO was that both cam where on the same port...

I now have hundred of prints of screenshots that I found, I go line by line to try to figure out what I did wrong on the cam and router, but must admit that cannot find...

Anyone can help ?

Many Thanks !! JP

The config are the following:
Both cameras are WVC54GCA in Rel V1.00R24
Cam1: 192.168.1.115:1024
Cam2: 192.168.1.103:6565
Alternate Web Access Port: Enable on both Cam

Router Linksys WAG200G
Range forwarding enabled for port 6565 for 192.168.1.103
Range forwarding enabled for port 1024 for 192.168.1.115
Range forwarding enabled for port 80 for 192.168.1.115

TZO: I use 2 different domain names.
mdfoley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Multiple cameras witha TZO Account Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is what we know, TZO is working correctly because you can get to one camera. Letís remove some variables to make this easier to figure out. Go to www.test.tzo.com to get your current WAN IP Address. Letís say the IP address is 22.22.22.22. If from a remote location you enter

http://22.22.22.22:1024 you should see camera one.

When you enter http://22.22.22.22:6565 it fails, so what we need to do is inside of your network verify that you can see the second camera using the internal IP address http://192.168.1.103:6565. If this works then go into your router and make sure that you have port 6565 opened and forwarded to 192.168.1.103. If this internal IP address test did not work, then go into the cameraís options and make sure that the alternate port is enabled and set to 6565.

This is a common issue and more information can be found at http://helpdesk.tzo.com/cgi-bin/kb.cgi?view=357 , if you cannot get this resolved please do not hesitate in contacting the TZO technical support department.
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
Correct, I have no problem to access remotely to CAM1 so TZO is working.

On the CAM2, the Alternate Web Access Port is enable for port 6565.
Using the LAN IP Address http://192.168.1.103:6565 I can access to CAM2
Using the WAN IP address http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:6565 I can also access locally.
But I was not able to access from the office 1 hour ago...

On the router, Port forwarding for port 6565 is enabled for both UDP and TCP for 192.168.1.103.
I have a (trivial) question about your comment (...have port 6565 opened...).
The port is forwarded but may not be opened ? Embarassed is this something I have missed ?
Also UPnP is enabled on both CAMs and the router.

Thanks VM for your help / JP
mdfoley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: We will get this going... Reply with quote

JP,

When I mentioned opened (I implied checked and forwarded). Can you send a support request to support(at)tzo.com and I will take a look at your records and see what I can find out.

My first guess is that you office may have a firewall which is blocking traffic on this port.
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks, I will do this right now.

Tks n Brgds/JP
Karl in NY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Blocked port? Reply with quote

Quote:
But I was not able to access from the office 1 hour ago...

I also do what you are doing (but with five cameras) and I had similar problems despite being fairly adept with DDNS, port-forwarding, etc.

The key word here might be "office".

Have you tried accessing both cameras via Internet from someplace other than the office?

In my case, my employer (huge state agency) blocks HTTP traffic on all but a handful of ports via the corporate firewall. My only access from the office is via port 80 and port 8080.

Where I work, I did a lot of experimentation (with a lot of frustration) to discover the second working port (8080)...monitoring a home IP camera violates my employer's network use-policy so I couldn't even ask the firewall guy what was open.
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karl,
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I have tried accessing remotely this 2nd camera from other places with the same results: either getting nowhere or ending to camera #1. And everything is ok with this cam#1 from the office or our chalet.
I printed screenshots of the configuration of both cameras trying to find "the" difference, went through the router configuration (DDNS, port forwarding etc), have compared with information found on various sites, did reinstall x times, someone from TZO gave also some support, but still this 2nd camera is not visible from a remote location.
They both work fine on local (can be seen on 3 different PCs at home)
Cam #1 is on port 1024 and cam #2 on 1025. I have also tried port 6565 for cam2.
I dont know where to look at now...

Tks n Brgds/JP
Karl in NY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W hile doing diagnostics, disable UPnP in the cameras and router. It may be playing tricks on you.

So, while diagnosing the problem, no UPnP anywhere, and no DDNS (just use the numerical (WAN/Internet) IP address and port, and make sure everything has a static internal IP address with manual port forwarding in the router table.

If/when that combination works, start adding the other stuff back in one at a time to see the source of the problem.

For what it's worth, I spent over two hours last week getting Internet access to my DVR program (Argus Surveillance) before I finally found a typo in the port forwarding table, something I had checked a dozen times already.

If you need a real-time "buddy" to check your changes via Internet (access cam, ping, or tracert), I would be glad to assist, but keep in mind that I'm on US Eastern Daylight time...

kjuul@nycap.rr.com
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Cannot access a 2nd IP cam from the Internet Reply with quote

Thanks. Will do this at lunch time and will check again.

Will keep you posted.

Tks n Brgds/JP
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Cannot access a 2nd IP cam from the Internet Reply with quote

Hi Karl,

I disabled UPnP on both camera and router. No change still no access to CAM2.

I noted on TZO control panel that I have 2 IP addresses (I dont understand how this can work).
I tried accessing remotely from the office and our chalet abroad, with the same results in both tests:
- Using the 1st IP address give me access to CAM1 as usual.
- Using this same IP address with port 1025 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1025) for CAM2 ends nowhere.
- I tried the 2nd IP ads that is shown on TZO CP, but it does not work at all.

Do you have any suggestion?

Tks n Brgds/JP
Karl in NY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to ISOLATE.
Ignore TZO completely for now, forget the hostnames they assigned your cameras.

Attempt to access the cams only using the WAN IP address with the port numbers. Obtain your current WAN IP address directly from you router's status screen and NOT FROM TZO. Or get your IP from http://whatsmyIP.com .

[You have two TZO hostnames, one for each cam, and you mentioned TZO was showing two IP addresses...TZO is apparently not updating both hostnames, only one at a time. Possible problem with DDNS notification by your router or software client...the TZO issues shouldn't be addressed until you can show successful access of both cams using the numerical IP.

Last edited by Karl in NY on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jean-Pierre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Cannot access a 2nd IP cam from the InternetKarl, Reply with quote

Karl,

Yes... Very Happy , First time that I can access remotely this CAM#2 using the WAN IP.

Tks n brgds/JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed