IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motion sensing web server cameras

TomB1395

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Motion sensing web server cameras Reply with quote

Can anyone point me to a motion sensing camera that uses IR or some scheme other than pixel change.
I have a Linksys camera that triggers on pixel change but that sends false motion alerts as the sun moves across the room being monitored.
I need a camera that can detect human or object movement.

Regards,

Tom
Erron S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Typically the DVR/NVR will have settings that you can adjust and even blank out certain areas that you don't want motion based recording to happen. For instance, on our units, www.3xlogic.com, we have the ability to adjust how many pixels it takes to trigger the motion. This means you can set it up to only trigger on say people or vehicles and not a cat or other forms of motion we don't want to see. The kicker is that with cameras that just look for any type of motion you get what you have now, anything and everything will start the dvrs' recording. Hope that helps!

Erron S.
3xLogic.com
TomB1395

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erron, My DVR/NVR has settings that you can adjust and even blank out certain areas that you don't want motion based recording to happen. The problem is in a room with windows to the out side normal progression of the sun causes pictal change. I dont think any pictal based system can work in a room with natural daylight.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Tom
Erron S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the sun is really slow progression of pixel change. On our units you can test the rate of change and adjust it per pixel, plus we also have vector based motion detection. (only looks for motion in a user definable direction)
If you turn your sensitivity down, does it still pick up the sun as it slowly progresses across the floor? Possibly turning that down would help?

Erron S.
www.3xlogic.com
nickyrash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erron S. wrote:
Tom,

Typically the DVR/NVR will have settings that you can adjust and even blank out certain areas that you don't want motion based recording to happen. For instance, on our units, www.3xlogic.com, we have the ability to adjust how many pixels it takes to trigger the motion. This means you can set it up to only trigger on say people or vehicles and not a cat or other forms of motion we don't want to see. The kicker is that with cameras that just look for any type of motion you get what you have now, anything and everything will start the dvrs' recording. Hope that helps!

Erron S.
3xLogic.com

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the useful information it is helpful for me
cheeses_of_nazareth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I'm new to the forums and was wanting to buy an IP camera to monitor over the internet. Are there some servers that come with the camera that are free. Regards Wezley
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Motion sensing web server cameras Reply with quote

TomB1395 wrote:

Hi Cameras that do this internally (smart cams) are expensive.. Mobotix is one of them M10 or M12 model, it has motion sensor. Some Panasonic cameras BL???? models have heat sensor...

Personal I prefer to use cheaper cameras but then get good NVR software.. For me its better for computer (video server) to process and record these then each camera. At least is cheaper since I have left over computers..
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Motion sensing web server cameras Reply with quote

TomB1395 wrote:

Another idea.. Get a camera that has Alarm ports.. Then get "pet immune motion detector" , connect motion detector to camera.. Once PIR detector triggers it should also trigger camera.. At least Mobotix has that option, they show it as door switch but motion one should work as well...

They are about $20++
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/c-77-motion-detectors.aspx

Consider Dual PIR, less fake alarms..

Pet Immune sensors trigger over 85 lbs/38 kg
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: USB motion sensor Reply with quote

something else to consider..

USB motion PIR sensor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_3q-mO5djs&feature=channel
zhahongxi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the product before , it is really useful in dealing with multimedia, you can also

have a try. I hope you can get what you want . Happy everyday!
networkmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Motion sensing web server cameras Reply with quote

sadik007 wrote:
TomB1395 wrote:

Another idea.. Get a camera that has Alarm ports.. Then get "pet immune motion detector" , connect motion detector to camera.. Once PIR detector triggers it should also trigger camera.. At least <a href="http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/networkcameras/mobotix/index.html" style="color: #333333; text-decoration: none;">Mobotix</a> has that option, they show it as door switch but motion one should work as well...

They are about $20++
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/c-77-motion-detectors.aspx

Consider Dual PIR, less fake alarms..

Pet Immune sensors trigger over 85 lbs/38 kg

Thank for sharing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Video Servers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed