IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DCS-3220 used with DCS-60 Enclosure

Leo Romero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: DCS-3220 used with DCS-60 Enclosure Reply with quote

Good Afternoon,

I have a DCS-3220 D-Link Ethernet Camera, that I will be installing in freezer type environment. I decided on the DCS-60 Enclosure that was shown on the D-Link website. Now that I have both units, I have an issue.

I am using the DWL-P200 Power over Ethernet unit to power my DCS-3220. I also want to power my DCS-60's heater and blower using the same connection. The instructions given with the DCS-60 for wiring it for direct or indirect power were a joke. Tech support for D-Link bumped me to 3rd level support, but I never talked to anyone there, because I was on hold for three hours.

So, to sum up, I have a DCS-3220, powered by a DWL-P200 Power over ethernet adaptor, that I want to mount within a DCS-60 Camera Enclosure, that I hope to power using the same adaptor.

Any suggestions, or even a direct number or contact at D-Link, with support here in the US, instead of the less than helpful support overseas?

Thank you,

Leo R.
Philadelphia, PA
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leo,

I will try looking into this for you.

I don't think you will be able to power both the camera and the enclosure with the POE kit. I'm no electrician but I think it would draw too much power from your POE. I think you will have to hard wire the enclosure and run the POE to the camera only.

I will look into it though.
Leo Romero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

I look forward to your reply.

Leo Romero
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leo,

I did some research. It looks like you will have to wire them seperatly. The POE kit wont be able to power both.

Sorry!
Bill_in_ Canada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: DCS-3220 and DCS-60 Enclosure Reply with quote

Hey Leo,
I know this is a really really late reply but I figure I'd reply for the anyone else that runs into wiring issues with these products.

I bought the same set up last July....as you say Dlink is a joke for any real tech support and yes the quick install guide was at best, marginal.

Anyway, my enclosure came with the same heater and blower but it also came with an internal power supply. There were two sets of wires attached to the power supply as well as the DC connector for the camera. In essence, once you hook the sets of wires (one set for the heater, the other for the blower) up to the terminal block (in the appropriate terminals) and attach a 110v cord, the housing now has internal power to power the camera, heater and blower. No one at D-link or the manufacturers seem to know this. Rolling Eyes Hopefully no one has to suffer with D-Links ability to absolve itself.
hewitt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please see if the internal PSU can be wired with 220V cable. I need an enclosure that I can use here in Europe.
sdmf13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone help me with the internal wiring. i have tried that f'n nightmare of tech support, they told me the same thing everyone else is hearing and told me i must have bought it in a different country!!! Evil or Very Mad i believe i obviously need to buy a generic 110v power cable but the heater and blower leads i have no idea on what to do with. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I beg you
Unstaibl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: D-Link DCS-60 & D-link DCS-3420 wireless camera Reply with quote

Ok, 2 words...
HEEEEEEEELP ME!!!!
First off, I am a carpenter and am absolutely the most retarded electrician known to man........on that note....ive had a rash of burglaries and have purchased the D-link DCS-60 and DCS 3420 camera. I cant make heads nor tails of the wiring for the heater/blower and have no idea how to get power to the enclosure. Do I use the power cord from the camera? if so, where the heck does it plug into? I understand internal power connector in the enclosure goes to the camera but how does the case get power and do the heater blower wires plug into the back of the camera or somewhere in the enclosure. D-link hasn't gotten back to me for over a week and i really need to get this thing up and running otherwiise I have a $700 paperweight and they may try again to steal a vehicle out of my driveway!! Anyone that has any ideas, suggestions or can help...thank you in advance, its MUCH appreciated at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed