IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an IP camera that holds a dual resolution simultane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Avi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Is there an IP camera that holds a dual resolution simultane Reply with quote

I have a system that is bounded to a low network traffic load. The system processes a low resolution video stream and infrequently requires a high resolution representation for a specified frame from the low resolution video stream. For the infrequent occasions where the high-resolution frame is required, the system will request the high-resolution jpeg frame from the camera buffer.
This will enable the system to occasionally process high-resolution frames on a per needed basis, while keeping the low network traffic load.

What I am looking for is a mega-pixel IP camera that records high resolution frames into an internal ring buffer.
I would appreciate directing me to other user group sites that are relevant to this question

Thanks,
Avi
videofairy
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of IP cameras can give multiple streams with different resolutions, but from brands I know (AXIS, Panasonic, SONY...) I don't know any camera model with the feature you have mentioned.
Avi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you specify the IP cameras that do support multiple streams with different resolutions?
I know you can select the resolution in most of them but then you are limited to this resolution.
I'm also not looking for multiple streams. What I am looking for is a low resolution stream that is backed up by a high resolution stream that is only saved internally in the camera's ring buffer.

Regards,
Avi
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avi,

At this point I would just contact various IP camera manufacturer pre-sales departments.

This is a technical question which seems to be beyond the knowledge of most folks here, and is probably a feature found in only high end cameras.

I recommend contacting the following manufacturers:
Axis
Panasonic
Sony
IQInvision
Arecont Vision
ACTi
Lumenera
securicorp
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Dual Video Stream IP Camera Reply with quote

Hi, Have a look at the Elite range of network cameras from Bikal.

Most of the Elite ip cameras feature dual video streams with resolution, frame, quality that can be independently set.

The cameras also feature onboard recording via SD flash which means you can record high quality stream to the camera and view low quality stream over the network.
CPP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: H.264 stream for viewing and megapixel stream when desired Reply with quote

The IQinVision Alliance series of cameras has exactly the features you are describing. See their website (www.iqeye.com):

IQeye Alliance H.264 Series
This IQeye Alliance model utilizes H.264 compression method to efficiently lower file sizes while still delivering high-quality images at megapixel resolutions. Also supports audio synchronization and works well in challenging conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed