IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help picking out the right equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
inis

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Need help picking out the right equipment Reply with quote

Ok this the situation I'm in. I have alot of automotive stuff in the garage worth a ton of money, I also have collector cars in the garage , as well as the driveway.

One location for a camera is dead center front side of the property about 20ft high (100ft wide) , and another is directly on the front of the garage about 12-14 ft high. I'd like two camera's. My house is networked for cat6, both garage and house. I can also run more cat cable or coax. Garage is detached. All my outside lights are motion sensored. Front yard lights up half way decent when something enters the property.

My budget is 400, 500 pushing it. What camera's would you guys suggest? I've been looking around for awhile, I just can't see spending 250+ on a camera with very little in reviews.

Also I have multiple computers, I can donate one as a server if need to be. Sorry if this is half ass typed up, its 3am and im tired.

Thanks to anyone that can help
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's worth a lot, a pair of cameras won't stop anyone. A guard dog might be a better plan. Through in a few "You are under surveillance" signs, door alarms, etc. Better and more reliable than a couple of (relatively) cheap cameras.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that budget your options are limited, but you still should be able to get something decent working.

For your application we'd recommend a bullet camera : The outdoor housing is included and is typically a better value than a box or dome camera that need outdoor housings. The only issue here will be making sure the FOV from the lens included will work for you. Again, at this budget you may not have many options.

Vivotek will probably be your best bet, especially because their cameras come with free recording software that you could install on one of your computers.

Check out the IP7330 camera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed