IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Requested for Single-User setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
snoozy99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Help Requested for Single-User setup Reply with quote

After significant vandalism to my home I finally managed to obtain a decent cam, a Sony RZ25

I took advantage of the free offer from Milestone for a single-cam license.

I have the camera connected and can use the viewer, but I cannot access the functions of the Smart Client as some of the login requirements are a bit over my head.

I am running a basic Windows XP pro pc, I have no experience of server software. I simply login to my XP account with username 'Aubrey' and my password.

Can anyone advise me, in noob terms, what information I enter in the popup window that appears when I try to run the Smart Client:

Server address - it has 'http://localhost/'
Authentication - it has a choice of 3
Username - it has greyed-out 'MYHOMEPC\Aubrey'
password - greyed out -I cant enter anything I assume until I get the server address correct first.
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi snoozy,

Before you can login to the Smart Client you will need to add a user using the Image Server Administrator. The Image Server is the part of the software responsible for handling user logins and providing video streams.

Open the Image Server Administrator, and click on User Setup. Here you have two options for creating a user. A Basic User is a user you create that only works for logging into the Smart Client or Remote Client. Adding a Windows User allows you to use your Windows username and password to login. Try adding your Windows user account, then click OK out of the Image Server Administrator.

At this point you should be able to login from the same computer using the exact settings you describe in your post. If you want to connect from another computer, you would change the authentication type to "Windows Authentication" instead of "Windows Authentication (Current User)", then type in "MYHOMEPC\Aubrey and your windows password. You might be able to leave the first part of the username out too and just type "Aubrey" but I'm not 100% sure on that at the moment.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Milestone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed