IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with linksys wvc54gc wireless connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
pheebs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: problem with linksys wvc54gc wireless connection Reply with quote

Hi All,
I just bought a wvc54gc ip camera and set up everything seems to have no problem...but if I am using wireless connection, it disconnected after a few hours. I have to unplug and plug back in the power in order to get the wireless connection back.
Running wire connection is no problem.

Do anyone know how to fix this problem? I have tried to change my wireless channel to 4 different channels, same problem. I ping the ip camera, i get response, just i cannot connect to it.

Thanks a lot,

Pheebs
ACE
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the distance between your wvc54gc cam and your router? if its a long distance you could get drops like that
Bigmiketorrnt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem but I can not connect wirelessly at all wired fine! I can't even ping and all settings are correct on the network end
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to suggest trying wireless without any encryption. If you get it to work, add encryption and make sure all settings are correct. See if it works without encryption and that might tell you where it's screwing up.
xsnrg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what brand AP is the camera talking to? I've been experiencing bandwidth related lockup/slowdown problems with my netgear stuff that is making me a bit unhappy with it. Netgear used to be good stuff Sad
jee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never experienced this problem.... until I activate the motion detection.

I ran my cam for more than one year without motion detection, and it never lost its connectivity. (wifi with wep)

Three days ago, I activated motion detection + email alert and now the camera is loosing connectivity every 7 or 8 hours.
cwolcott

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: wvc54g connection problems too Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem as Jee above. I'm even using a linksys router and I also loose the wireless connection every 7-8 hours. Will Linksys please fix this problem with a firmware update? This is clearly a problem with this camera for at least a year now from the last post. This is a great camera! Please fix the problem and make the best camera!

BTW; I'm using wep and ftp transfers with motion detection enabled.

A temporary solution, but lame, is to put a timer (like a christmas light timer) on the camera so it gets power-cycled every 8 hours. Low-tech solution but it works![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed