IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Axis cameras and Connectivity problem

shivantha17

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Axis cameras and Connectivity problem Reply with quote

Hey, I am ver intersting about the Axis cameras. I have a project and i cannot do without this solution. therefor please help me .
I have 50 branches to connect 50 location into one office. that is there are 50 Axis IP cameras in different locations and from head office, Admin have to view all the streaming videos in 50 branches.each branch have only one camera. Please help me on this. I want to know what are the bandwidths that should want in each branch and head office?
assume that all branches are far away for each branch.,
thanx alot
BostonHXC
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a couple of questions answered before I can help.

1.) Are you setting up a surveillance system?
2.) Are there 50 separate offices
3.) Is there just one camera at each location?
4.) What is the current IT Infrastructure like at each office? IE: Internet connection, routed network or single subnet.

Assuming that you need one camera at each location and each location has some kind of connection to the cloud with a static IP, IE: T1, Cable, Fixed Wireless, DSL, etc. And assuming that you have scalable firewalls or at least the funds to get some decent ones then I would suggest setting up an IPSEC VPN tunnel between all the "branch offices" and the "headquarters" and connect the cameras that way. There are much more complex ways of connecting the offices but they would cost big $$$ such as MPLS, or frame relay.

-Brian
Syner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can get away from just view via mobile phone and have blackberry then you can use a BES server with our app and not have to vpn or put holes in your firewall. we are doing this now for numerous corporate clients and it works as required.

otherwise you have to open up a hole in the firewall at each location to allow remote access to the cameras (you can use basic or digest authentication on cameras though) or do as Boston suggests and use vpn.

vpn will increase overhead for bandwidth needed at each site along with cost for vpn servers and clients.
BostonHXC
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syner is correct on the overhead for the vpn, the good think is that it is somewhat secure using IPSec with 3DES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Video Servers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed