IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to reset level one IP camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
exup1000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: How to reset level one IP camera? Reply with quote

Hi

I have an old level one (WCS-2030) camera that I setup a few years ago, cannot remember the password. So I am trying to reset it to factory defaults.

I checked out the manual and quote "RESTORE - Press on reset button continuously, wait for self diagnostic to run twice. Free the button as soon as the secon self diagnostic starts."

Well I have tried this a few times. Sometimes letting the self diaganostic loop three or more times. But still not able to log in.

I can see the device but when I log in via the web page, it prompts for user names and password, which after a reset should be "root" and blank password. (Both case sensitive)

FYI its connected via ethernet, and is displaying a flashing blue light. I have installed the installation wizard software and it sees the device but same problem not able to login.

Perhaps I am missing something, can any one shed some light for me.
The Status LED pattern does not match that of the manual. So perhaps I am reading the flashing pattern incorrectly?

Regards Exup
exup1000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry when I mean "see the device" my router is assigning an IP address and when I type this into a browser its connecting to is and poping up a login box.
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of just pressing the reset in, do that while powering up.

Press reset in
While doing that
Plug it in

Wait until something interesting happens. Might make a difference. Might not.

The 1030/2030 are weird Vivos (OEM of that camera, and several Level-one netcams). Someone saved a few pennies on that one, cutting corners everywhere possible.
exup1000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

thanks for the tip, but still no luck. Perhaps I will give up and investigate getting a newer better model.

Its for a security motion detection device (DIY security). I will trawl this forum for advice on the topic.

If anyone does know of a way to reset this device, please post a suggestion.

Cheers.
exup1000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it, after emailing Level1 support.

They said input mac address and it worked!!

So the user name is

root

password is the mac address (on back of unit) minus any hyphens and all in upper case for the letters.

PS it turns out the unit is a vivotek hardware, I tried to download the Level 1 firmware for the unit but the install wizard kept saying unknown. Luckly the wizard stated it was an IP3137 and after a quick google pointed to Vivotek and hey there it is on their website.

Thanks hope this helpds other Level1 users.

Very Happy Very Happy
exup1000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, bad idea doing the firmware upgrade (ahem)

everything was sort of working fine with the old firmware, no need to upgrade but seeing as it was quite old thought I should.

Firmware upgrade failed!
No device detected.
Restart device
no joy
reset device
no joy

hmmm, thinks thats stuffed it then, one last go, decide to download Vivotek install wizard. Low and behold it finds it but with a new MAC address!!
No password to log in.

Let that be a warning, firmware upgrades are risky, dont unless you have a major bug.

I am currently eating humble pie Embarassed Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed