IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need ip cameras for day time surveillance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
mklinnane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: need ip cameras for day time surveillance Reply with quote

Hi
Obviously new to forum. I have a satelitte hook up on a netgear wireless router at home I believe it is N series. I would like to place a about 3 or 4 camers around my home. I would like them motion sensored and be able to control them from the internet when I am at work. It would nice to have an email when they have gone detected something. I would 4 outside camera do not. The area I wish to surveillance about maybe 110 feet from my router
and get control to pan from internet or zoom
BostonHXC
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the IPCAMERA forum!

It would be useful to know your budget because OUtdoor PTZ cameras get expensive.

-B
mklinnane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: I am just looking for some base cameras to met my needs Reply with quote

I was planning on spending a great deal of money. Once you have the camera and it hooks to wireless router are you done?
BostonHXC
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I would recomend using Axis cameras and if you need outdoor rated PTZ cameras then I would recomend the 215-PTZ-E specifically.
http://www.axis.com/products/cam_215e/index.htm

The 215-PTZ-E cost about $1,400 - $1,600 per camera

The software on the other hand can be purchased for much cheaper and for this I recommend BlueIris.
http://www.blueirissoftware.com/

BlueIris only costs $50, and it is amazingly stable, configurable and has awsome support.

Regarding installation, it is not fair for me to say because I work with business networks for a living. But there will be a bit of configuration that needs to be done, it is best if you have some knowledge of basic networking.

-B
daisy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

215-PTZ-E from Axis sounds perfect, but seems a little bit expensive...

Smile Smile Smile
If you only want to get a surveillance on your home, I think you don't need to catch that camera, which may get you perfect image and have many features...Middle class cameras may meet your needs.

Anyway, just suggestion...

Good luck!
mklinnane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on spending a great deal of money. Once you have the camera and it hooks to wireless router are you done

OOPS let me amend this post I was meaning to say I DIDNOT plan on spending a lot of money, sorry for any confusion
daisy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: need ip cameras for day time surveillance Reply with quote

mklinnane wrote:
Hi
Obviously new to forum. I have a satelitte hook up on a netgear wireless router at home I believe it is N series. I would like to place a about 3 or 4 camers around my home. I would like them motion sensored and be able to control them from the internet when I am at work. It would nice to have an email when they have gone detected something. I would 4 outside camera do not. The area I wish to surveillance about maybe 110 feet from my router
and get control to pan from internet or zoom

Get information from your message that you want the cameras to be PTZ? You need Pan and Zoom, so maybe PTZ can meet your needs. And also some IP cameras have the Pan and Tilt function.
Do you want your cameras to be wired or wireless? And do you want all of your cameras to be PTZ? Sounds not necessary. PTZ usually much more expensive than other fixed cameras.
mklinnane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that PTZ means Pan, Tilt, and Zoom. I want them to transmit to my wireless router in the house. I do not need sound and I would like them to have motion sensors. Sound is not necessary. I would like one inside and three outside ones.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the cost of an outdoor PTZ you can most likely purchase 2 or 3 fixed cameras, depending on the quality.

We'd recommend going that route if you will not have someone actively monitoring the PTZ.
daisy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
For the cost of an outdoor PTZ you can most likely purchase 2 or 3 fixed cameras, depending on the quality.

We'd recommend going that route if you will not have someone actively monitoring the PTZ.

Yeah, for the price of one PTZ, you can buy 2-3 fixed cameras.

You need to port forwarding in your router...

And you need to know some basic network setup knowledge if you want to set a system up, however, any seller should offer tech support...hehe Smile
konway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptz cameras (mostly indoor you will need to get an external housing + blower)
Panasonic (bl-c131a, bb-hcm381, maybe some KX series which are outdoor rated)
Lorex has a new one coming out LN i think for 4004 or something
Vivotek PZ series
Axis 213, 214 etc
Acti
Sony
Trendnet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed