IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XPB+ Event on schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software
ampletouch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: XPB+ Event on schedule Reply with quote

How can I setup milestone to trigger an event only on certain time?

I want to turn on a light using audio detection from another camera, BUT after wrking hours.
itsokrelax
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly there should be an area for that in the scheduler setup... I don't have Basis+ in front of me though.
IPVision - http://tinyurl.com/y8allak
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the only product with an advanced-enough rule system to schedule events and notifications like this is XProtect Corporate.

About the only way I can think of to accomplish this with XProtect Basis+ - XProtect Enterprise is if the alert method for the device is the Alert Port, and you can create a schedule in your hardware or software firewall that closes port 1234 during daylight hours. You can find out which alert method is used for your device by checking the Device Pack release notes from the Downloads section of our website.

Devices that use the Alert Port will send a packet to the Recording Servers IP address on port 1234 by default when an input event of any kind occurs. If you can block that communication somehow, than you can effectively implement a scheduled event. It is cumbersome but probably the only way to accomplish this in Basis+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Milestone XProtect Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed