IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap Chinese IP PTZ Camera Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my official Foscam and it didn't seem to work any better than the clone. I upgraded the firmware that Foscam sent me and I can now have it email me. It sends a half dozen jpegs. At the same time, it stores the video as an uncompressed AVI so the files are huge, about 25 mb for 5 seconds. I have not seen an option to turn off the feature that writes the AVI file.

I have not been able to get audio to work, there's no option to setup audio that I can see. Also, no option to set frames per second rate.

Haven't tired FTP yet so see if that's compressed or not, I can't image sending 25MB file via FTP every 5 seconds.

My router is not well, so I can't configure port forwarding so I can try it from my cell phone yet.
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a general comment on the subject - Post back in a year and tell us if the cheap Chinese made camera you recently purchase still works.

Although many of the cheap Chinese cameras may have bling, if they are like most Chinese made products the quality and parts may be sub standard (correct me if I'm wrong) and may fail much sooner than a higher priced quality camera. I've been burn many times on the cheap junk such as tools and electronics.

John
New Jersey
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly I can not tell you that this camera will last a year, but I have two other chinese IP cameras that still work as well as they did when new, one for about year, the other for about 2 years. So while I do agree that these sub $100 cameras are just not as good as my Mobotix M12D cameras, they do serve a purpose. For example, I was able to check my cabin from home and see how much snow accumulated and for $100, it's just what I need.
magohn
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: IP Camera Manufacturer Reply with quote

Carfield1980 wrote:
Why purchase from EBAY. People who sells on EBEY purchase from us and then double even tripple their retail price.

You may just contact with us. We are IP Camera producer in China.

If you need an IP Camera, go ahead to contact me. I will give you a high qualtiy camera with very low price.

Check out our online demo:

Our website: http://www.nvipcam.com/
On line demo link: http://001acdo.nwsvr.com. ID: User; Password: user. You will need to Download ActiveX(when first use) and set up. Then you will be able to watch our video.

Kevin Wu
Shenzhen Smarteye Digital Electronics Co., Ltd
Tel:86-755-89390391-645
Fax:86-755-89390390
Cellphone:8613686829954
email: carfield1980@gmail.com

Your password does not work....
kd5olt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Irs Reply with quote

I have one and the Irs are a pain. I have the outdoor dome for it graet in day but at night sucks i need to turn off the IR any idel how Twisted Evil
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try an ice pick, but no, there's no way to turn that off from the software that I know off. Even if you did, that camera does not have good night vision without the IR led's, so stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Panasonic has some decent PT and PTZ cameras if that feature is important to you that are rated for outdoor use. Check out the BBHCM735a or if you want to try your dome experiment and want PTZ, the BBHCM580a is decent at night.
niamhcooper05

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like its flexibility, features and especially it's reliability. I have many of these units installed and have never had one fail. May be a biased opinion but the unit speaks for itself.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny you say that because I got a brand new one a few weeks ago for a friend that just wants to be alerted if anyone enters his apartment. I worked great for 2 days then died. It still goes through it's gyrations at power up, but no lights come on when you plug in an ethernet cable, so back to China it goes, haha.
Foscamdotbiz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle wrote:
Lastly, I thought it would be cool to look at the video from my Blackberry Storm. I can get the login screen, but that's it, doesn't go beyond that.

Buelwinkle, you should be able to view your camera on your Blackberry Storm by building a web page with some code in it pointing to your cam. If you want, I can build you one. Just email me. Very Happy
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but Blackberries are just too slow to display this, I've tried, it just hangs. I upgraded recently to a Droid X and it's night & day difference, I can see the Foscam as well as my Axis and ACTi cams without any problems at a decent frame rate.
Foscamdotbiz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle wrote:
Droid X and it's night & day difference,

My sister's BF has one. That is a nice phone. Do you have OS 2.2 on their with Flash support? I was wondering how that is working.

The smartphone market is really getting competitive. As much as I like my iPhone, other smartphone manufactures have some nice features that I would like, that are lacking on the iPhone.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.2 (FroYo) hasn't been released yet for this model but is expected this month. I always wanted an iPhone, just didn't want AT&T. Android has come a long way and I really like it. I bought it with the idea that if I didn't like it, I can bring it back to Verizon within 30 days and be done with it, but it's a keeper.
Foscamdotbiz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle wrote:
2.2 (FroYo) hasn't been released yet for this model but is expected this month.

Ahhh..

Quote:
I always wanted an iPhone, just didn't want AT&T.

I hear ya there. I just bought the phone w/o contract, unlocked it and run T-Mobile on it. I make 98% of my calls using Skype via wi-fi on it and just use the cellphone when I'm not near wi-fi. My home phone is running Skype also. So far this year, my total phone bill is under $100.00.

Quote:
Android has come a long way and I really like it. .

Yes it has and should have great potential in the future. We should see different size "pads" coming out running it.
magohn
Trusted Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its three years later and I thought Id apply a small update.

This $60 Chinese camera is STILL going strong. In the late winter of 2009 I placed the camera outside under a roof overhang. This little camera has survived 3 winters of Seattle wind, rain, ice and snow. No enclosure, no maintenance and the camera keeps going and going. I upgraded my system over the weekend and replaced the Chinese cam with a Mobotix. However, we think we have mice in the garage so I fired up the trusty Chinese cam and she's rolling again.

Awesome value at $60, night vision, Pan, Tilt and rock-solid reliability.

buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brand? I still have one Foscam clone working after about 2 1/2 years, but the actual Foscam died.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed