IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera advice

gsm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Camera advice Reply with quote

Hi everybody

We have a vacation house in the woods (see picture below) and they break-in twice
We have put an IP camera with motion detection inside and that works fine.
For the frontside of the house I have a Stardot Netcam and I bought it before the break-in´s just for viewing the house and make beautiful photo´s but since the break-in´s we want a security camera on the back side of the house.
I bought an outside dome with camera with IR for nightview but that was not a good decision, reflection of the IR lights.
I can not switch off the IR lights so I put this camera also inside the house but now I need a camera for outside and I hope someone can help me to make the best choise for my position.

What we want is :
wire camera
nightvision for 30 meter
motion detection
Good quality photo´s (at least 640 x 480)
30 fps (netcam don´t have that)
working temperature from -20°C
control over internet
PTZ is an extra

I can go for an other Stardot or Mobotix but my budget can not effort that at this time, our budget is $400
If it is not possible I consider to move the Stardot from the front to the backside because all break-in´s are done at the backside. It is quiet there and nobody can see them and we have 2 doors and 5 windows at the backside.
I realy hope that someone can and will give me good advice. I appreciate all advice !!

At this time I use WebcamXP for recording but I also have Argus
For your information I show you our house from the sky.
This is the situation of the camera´s :

And this is the situation from our house in the total area :

There are no lights on the road
I am going to make lights around the house which will be activated by moving detectors
gsm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does nobody have some advice for me ?
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsm wrote:
Does nobody have some advice for me ?

I personally think that you need 2 cams..

As far as type of cams and so on.. Maybe someone else with more Pro Experience will comment on that.. I can only comment on cams that I have (3 diff types of them) and you have seen my posts on those..
gsm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sadkik for your response, I appreciate that very much.
I think and hope that I can do that with one camera, please let me explain.
If some one is intent to break-in they don´t want to take the change that someone is walking on the road at the time that he is busy so he (or she) do that on the backside of the house and that is where it is happen twice.
At the front of the house is the Stardot Netcan. That overview the hole house and a part of the maingate to the house. I even can read the license plate.
On the right side are no windows or doors, nothing then the wooden wall
On the left side are 4 windows and on the backside are 5 windows and 2 new doors. The insurance company replace the two old aluminium doors by flat steel doors. The back windows are located ± 15 meter from the left back corner of the house.
In the spring I am going to cover the windows on the backside and left side with shutters and I make floodlight activated by moving detectors around the house and a flash light. Just to scare the intruder.
So I hope that i can do it with one camera located left back side that can overview the left side and back side.
For now I do not have the money to buy a Mobotix SEC camera but I think they can do the job very well. Even I do not know which Mobotix the best is for us !
I see them in different models also without SEC but with nightview
I found a M1 camera and a M12 and M22 but that all makes it more complicated for me.
Therefor I need some advice which camera can do it and because of the money which cheap camera can do it even it have less quality pictures ?
Then I can show the insurance company that I did something.
Don´t forget that all intruders must come from the road so the Stardot take picture from the car or whatelse they are coming with and the back camera take pictures about how and what he (she) is doing.
Even I want it for now it is not our intension to indentify the intruder.
Maybe this will help to advice me again.
Maybe with camera advice ?

Nol
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobotix makes very fine cameras. The model names can be confusing but talk to a dealer and they should be able to clear it up for you.

Are you sure you need to put the 2nd cam outside? You might be better off having an indoor day/night camera (or 2) in strategic locations inside the house.

If someone knew what they were doing, they'd park farther down the road and enter/exit through the forest. That's why focusing on the 'target', the interior of the house, might make more sense for you.
gsm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have 2 camera´s in the house and I prefer 2 outside so that I can try to detect them before breaking-in.
One camera in the front and one camera for the back and left side.
Rightside is nothing, no windows and no doors.
The problem i, when my camera inside detect them then the damage has been done.
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsm wrote:
We already have 2 camera´s in the house

Get alarm with motion sensors.. You can connect the alarm to camera as well.. This might be your best bet..
eliza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the information
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed