IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panasonic BB-HNP15A problem with one camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
Safetybob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Panasonic BB-HNP15A problem with one camera Reply with quote

Recently my hard drive died, replaced it and got everything working again.

Just tonight I decided to look in at my first week's recordings. I decided to adjust the motion detection settings on my "Driveway" camera. I have two other cameras. All panasonics with my Driveway camera a BB-HCM531A and the other two cameras being BB-HCM515As.

I looked at all three cameras, adjusted all motion detection settings on all three cameras and after I hit apply, the Driveway camera reports it cannot connect, to check IP settings, password, ect.

I did that, all was correct, was actually able to connect to it via the internet, just not through the Panasonic software to record. The other two cameras record fine. The other two computers on my network can also see my camera just fine (they are used as monitoring stations in the house).

I tried deleting the camera and "adding" a new camera, but anyway I do it I just cannot get this Driveway camera to connect onto the recorder software.

Anyone have any ideas? I just get a blue screen and now picture for now in that camera position.

HELP!!

Bob E.
Safetybob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Follow up Reply with quote

I tried most of the night to reread the manual for the software.

What I found this morning was that I had a blue screen where the image should be for the Driveway camera. This mean camera error. I looked at my router's clients table last night and none of my Panasonic cameras were listed with the proper MAC address, how is that for interesting.

I was able to look at and manipulate the camera as administrator by using internet explorer. All my settings were correct. Everything was as it had be prior to this episode.

I called Panasonic support at the 1-800 number given in a web writeup someplace. While waiting on the phone, I tried on last ditch effort to attempt to "confirm' the camera settings. I was getting the "check IP settings, proxy settings" and something else error message everytime I hit the confirm button. This time I hit it a couple of times repeatedly and finally it confirmed and everything is working OK.

No, I don't know what happened to this camera to make it reject all Panasonic Viewer software installations (2 computers) but yet allow all viewnetcam requests, and also allow multiple (up to 3) views over my LAN using Internet Explorer.

My other two cameras never had a problem with this.

I am using SMC POE injectors for each camera, perhaps the one to this camera had a hicup?

I would appreciate any insight anyone has into this. Thank goodness it came back up.

Bob E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed