IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Internet setup

JCH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Wireless Internet setup Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this and have a few questions, which I hope someone can answer.
I would like to install 2 internet accessible cameras, possibly wireless, at my small place in Mexico, and access them up in Canada when I am not down South.
(lucky me, for those of you up North in the cold)
Last year I brought cameras down, but ran into a snag, because my Internet Server's modem, 2Wire from Telmex, could not be modified to open the ports to make this happen. I had a so called expert, but he could only do it with a computer running at the camera location. This is not an option for several reasons.
Telmex is modifing the modem equipment, because they want you to buy their cameras and charge for monitoring the IP address.
My other problem is, that we have power outages and I need to have equipment to reset itself when he power comes back on, including the change of the IP, so I can access my system remotely again.
Does anybody have some ideas what the logistics are and what kind of equipment I would need to overcome my "port" problem and the automatic "reset"
Thanks,
JCH :roll:
ipcamerafun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wireless Internet setup Reply with quote

JCH wrote:
I would like to install 2 internet accessible cameras, possibly wireless, at my small place in Mexico, and access them up in Canada when I am not down South.
Last year I brought cameras down, but ran into a snag, because my Internet Server's modem, 2Wire from Telmex, could not be modified to open the ports to make this happen. I had a so called expert, but he could only do it with a computer running at the camera location. This is not an option for several reasons.
Telmex is modifing the modem equipment, because they want you to buy their cameras and charge for monitoring the IP address.
My other problem is, that we have power outages and I need to have equipment to reset itself when he power comes back on, including the change of the IP, so I can access my system remotely again.
Does anybody have some ideas what the logistics are and what kind of equipment I would need to overcome my "port" problem and the automatic "reset"
Thanks,
JCH Rolling Eyes

Regarding your modern, I am not sure what the problem are. But there should not be a problem with release a port for your IP Cameras from a modern. If there is something wrong with the modern, I suggest that you change to a new modern. And I am not sure why you need to revise the IP address all the time. If it is an ip camera, each one will be bond with a DDNS. With this DDNS, you will be able to login into your IP Camera to moniter. And if the IP Cameras is on, even though the power will be cut off sometimes, it will reset again when power is on all by itself. There should not be such problems. I suggest that you provide more detail about your cameras.
juliarichards16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wireless Internet setup Reply with quote

ipcamerafun wrote:
JCH wrote:
Thanks,
JCH Rolling Eyes

Regarding your modern, I am not sure what the problem are. But there should not be a problem with release a port for your IP Cameras from a modern. If there is something wrong with the modern, I suggest that you change to a new modern. And I am not sure why you need to revise the IP address all the time. If it is an ip camera, each one will be bond with a DDNS. With this DDNS, you will be able to login into your IP Camera to moniter. And if the IP Cameras is on, even though the power will be cut off sometimes, it will reset again when power is on all by itself. There should not be such problems. I suggest that you provide more detail about your cameras.

I guess you are right. To the thread starter, can you please provide more info? Or better yet we have to go to the product manuacturer's website Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed