IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Publicly-viewable IP Camera

marcalaia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Publicly-viewable IP Camera Reply with quote

I want to set up a 'webcam' so that a lot of people (<= 20 concurrent) can view the camera at the same time. The camera will be pointed at a public place, so I want the image viewable WITHOUT requiring any login or security. I have power, ethernet and wireless nearby, so ethernet vs. wireless doesn't matter and power over ethernet is not necessary. PTZ is not desired, but if present it must be secured by a login. And this camera must have its own web server inside--USB is not an option. I'd like to keep cost <=$300. Final preference would be java over Active-X, too.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
bobby1471
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an outdoor or indoor location? What are the conditions in the area? How is the lighting in day, and at night?
marcalaia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

During the day, lighting is generally pretty good (outdoor). At night, there is a single low-pressure sodium lamp. Was that enough info? For this camera, night viewing is not a priority, but if present, it would be a bonus....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed