IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Set the Port

Michikogoh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: How To Set the Port Reply with quote

Hi, I have setup my IP camera & managed to see from my home PC. I do understand I need a web address to view the camera from elsewhere. However, I am not able to do it, even I have registered with Dyndns.com. Can anyone adviced? I get a timed out for the check. Thanks!
ozarkdude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You need to find what is your Public Internet address, call your internet provider or just go to a place such as www.geobytes.com and it will show your IP address, write it down and go to your Internet browser and test this: <your public IP address>:port number..and see if your camera shows up...for example: 78.34.12.1:80
If it is working fine, then go to www.dyndns.com and open a free account, asign your public internet address to your new domain name (dyndns.com) will also show up your IP address...choose that address!
then you have to asign a second name to your camera, with the port.
For example:
1) First domain name: mycamera1.blogdns.com (this will contain your IP address only)
2) Second domain name: mycamera2.blogdns.com:80
(this one will contain your first domain name and port number)
This second name is your final address and the one you will use to see your camera from anywhere in the internet.
Just follow the instructions at dyndns.com...is pretty easy..if you have any trouble let me know!
Wink
attosh_video_network

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of router do you have? You need to find the sections to forward a port in your router by accessing it on Internet Explorer i.e http://192.168.1.1

You will also see your external IP address on there.
Michikogoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks alot for your info. I am using 2WIRE from Singtel. I have try setting the port, but there is some problems with it. HAve contacted 2WIRE.com to resolve..

Thanks & regards. Very Happy

Last edited by Michikogoh on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you where able to before and not now, 1 of 2 things could have happened;

1. you may have set your camera to use DHCP, that's bad, you need to set a static IP address in your network for your camera. This is done within your camera menus. Find out what your IP address is (in Windows, do an ipconfig in a DOS command window or ifconfig in a OS X terminal window), then use that subnet, for example if your PC is 192.168.1.50, use the first 3 octects plus a higher number, like 192.168.1.100 for your camera.

2. you setup ddns, but you may not havet put software on your PC to keep it updated, or setup on your camera to keep it updated (don't do both, just one device on your network that will keep ddns updated. In my case, at home I use my router to keep it updated, in our vacation home I use the camera to keep it updated.
Michikogoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot. I am getting to learn more to set up my camera. Will try to do it. again.
Michikogoh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you mention that you use your router to do updating. Can you teach me how to do that? Thanks! Sad
Michikogoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have tried your method, no only my camera don't appear, it display: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

As for the dyndns account, I went in to add host. Do I have to pay for the domain account?

Thanks!
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many routers have the ability to update a DDNS account. You'll find this information in the manual for your router, they are all different.

Use the IP Camera finder utility that came with your camera to find it or enter the static IP address you gave it. If you still can't get to the camera, don't worry, just reset the camera to factory defaults, there's usually a recessed button press for a certain amount of time. The instructions should be in the camera manual.

dyndns.com has a free service if you use their domain names, for example I use their thruhere.net but they have many to chose from. For example if you create a michikogoh name, and select thruhere.net as the domain, then your camera will be at michikogoh.thruhere.net. You can create 5 different ones with that name, but each one can have many ports, so for each router setup a name and then use port numbers to find each camera.
Michikogoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have tried your method, no only my camera don't appear, it display: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

As for the dyndns account, I went in to add host. Do I have to pay for the domain account? Where can I find the free ones? Do I have to go to add Zone? Confused

Thanks!
smithlanger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good to me
trongvuvan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change port in DVR ->> 8080 ( example)
then:
http://192.168.1.x:8080/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed