IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with camera decision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
Clueless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Need help with camera decision Reply with quote

Hi, so happy to stumble upon people who actually can offer intelligent advice!! Here is my situation; we will be putting our house up for sale in the next couple of weeks due to husbands job relo. We already have housing in the new city so will not be at this location regularly. We have a monitored alarm system BUT I would like to be able to set up a few ( maybe 3 max) IP cameras so I can check in remotely. I do not have an extra computer to leave in the house but will have DSL service and modem/router. Are there any IP cameras that I can use without a computer at the same location? Do cameras exisit that I can plug into the modem and the power outlet? Any advice/info will be most appreciated..
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want an inexpensive camera, consider the Axis M1011-W. They run about $160 online. If you want a step up, the M1031-W adds PIR motion detect and 2 way audio and a worthless light. They dont' work well in the dark but if you leave some lights on or have motion detect lights that would help.

They work without the presence of a PC, they are WiFi, they can be setup to email you on motion detect, they are small, they are reliable, sharp image, good color, Axis provides good support, you can view the live feed on the internet using most broswers (Firefox, IE, Safari). They do not work outdoors, but I have one pointing out the window and it works fine that way.They can be a little grainy, but still highly usable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed