IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Required to continous capturing Images from stream (DCS 950)

joshijimit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Required to continous capturing Images from stream (DCS 950) Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have successfully establish connection to IP camera (DCS 950) and I can see the Live streaming in my C# .NET Window Application through CSViewer.

Now My requirment is to capture Images continously from a live stream.
I found one function called snapVideo in CSViewer but it opens a popup and ask us to save captured image.

So Is it any other way out to capture images continously?

Regards,
Jimit
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one weird camera. From what I can remember, the 950 (another bottom-wrung/over-priced dlink by CellVision) is mpeg4-only for streaming, but you can pull jpegs out of it, one by one. I think it requires IE6 (and only IE6) to work from a browser.
joshijimit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right, I can pull jpeg by sending the request via HttpWebRequest but the cam takes too much time to send back the response.
And I am going to use this cam for recognize the person's face so i need a real time image with out any delay that I cant achieve through it.

Any other way like I can capture image from a live stream which is displayed in CSViewer???

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Jimit
paysonsmama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: continuous recording Reply with quote

I think my need is similar. I want to record steaming video from my ip camera on a schedule so that the software does not need to be running on my computer. The closest thing I can figure from Googleing is an Hvaas site, off site video storage, but I may be wrong. If you figure something out let us know! Smile
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same camera, a Cellvision CAS-630W (DLiNK rebranded it as the 950). It takes very clear sharp images, best of the cheap cameras I own including Axis, but not very stable, I end up losing streaming after an hour or so. I've been using BlueIris and it works fine capturing streaming from it. I have it setup as a DLINK 950.
40th Floor
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dlink must have done something to mess its version then, because you can't get much worse that the 950. Regarding its up time, when I first got it, it streamed for about 10 seconds. I had to put 1.05 FW on it (whatever the last dlink version was). When it quits working now, I have to power it off/on to get it to work again, and then may have to repeat that. If you have the dlink version, all I can suggest is to toss it (ebay!). Here's a pic of a dlink 950, with all the light I can get in here

Compared to Gadspot, or one of those early ball cameras I suppose you might think it's good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed