IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

axis ip camera problem with snapshot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
kashov

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: axis ip camera problem with snapshot Reply with quote

Hi,
I need to setup axis camera to take snapshot every 60 second and upload in ftp,not triger by motion. Here is model of ip camera http://www.ipcamera-store.net/axis-207mw-megapixel-wireless-ip-camera.
I try to find settings in even menu but have no option.

Thanks
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that specific model, I have the cheaper version, the Axis M10 and hopefully it's similar enough. You start by clicking SETUP, then EVENTS.

You then select EVENT SERVERS and click ADD FTP and fill that out.

Then click on EVENT TYPES and click on ADD SCHEDULED... Fill out the form providing a name, check Always for time and Save Stream check box. This will open up other options where you select the image frequency (1 per minute). Then select upload as long as event is active option. Then select FTP as your upload type and that opens up more options. From here you select the FTP server you added in the previous step. You can give it a folder name and a base file name. If this is for a website, you probably want it to use the same name each time, so select the Overwrite option. If this is for security, use the default of date/time stamp picture.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice as usual.

You might have issues with the 60 seconds interval, so you could try even 5 minutes to begin, then work your way down.

You should also be able to contact Axis support via their website. They are typically very responsive & helpful.
kashov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellwinkle wrote:
I don't have that specific model, I have the cheaper version, the Axis M10 and hopefully it's similar enough. You start by clicking SETUP, then EVENTS.

You then select EVENT SERVERS and click ADD FTP and fill that out.

Then click on EVENT TYPES and click on ADD SCHEDULED... Fill out the form providing a name, check Always for time and Save Stream check box. This will open up other options where you select the image frequency (1 per minute). Then select upload as long as event is active option. Then select FTP as your upload type and that opens up more options. From here you select the FTP server you added in the previous step. You can give it a folder name and a base file name. If this is for a website, you probably want it to use the same name each time, so select the Overwrite option. If this is for security, use the default of date/time stamp picture.

Thanks fo reply but user interface is not the same and have not this options
I cane make triger only by motion , audio or I/O.
buellwinkle
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read through the manual and you are correct, this camera is not capable of sending images on a scheduled basis. BUT, THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY!

http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/blog/2007/02/27/howto-set-up-scheduled-ftp-events-in-your-axis-207w-network-camera/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed