IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't see DCS 950G from remote location

David97

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Can't see DCS 950G from remote location Reply with quote

I can see the DCS 950G just fine on my network. If i go to a friends house and try to view it i can't. I have a Linksys WRT54G router and have tired to mess with port forwareding etc with no luck.

using ports 800 and 5000, 5001

Any suggestions? Using it on a dlink router looks easy. lol

btw i have a website how would i go about seeing it on there?
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't dealt with the DCS 950G, but I deal with IP cameras daily in my job and ports 800, 5000 and 5001 sound odd. Why not use standard port 80 (unless you're running a web server on your network that needs outside access). You usually have one http port, and one ftp port, 80 and 21 respectively.
David97

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used port 800 because the guide said some IPS block 80 and 5000 and 5001 where the default ports i think.

Does it matter what ports you use? I don't even see these in my routers manuel.
Josh
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it shouldn't matter which ports you're using, as long as you're certain it isn't causing a conflict elsewhere, and you know what you're doing. In my job I usually suggest use of the defaults because often times when someone is unfamiliar with a particular camera, or lacks networking basics, they might make a simple error with port-forwarding, or create a conflict that might be difficult/impossible to diagnose/discover over the phone.

Does your router have a built-in firewall or anything that might be blocking packets?

Last edited by Josh on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
cadillaclee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I haven't dealt with the DCS 950G, but I deal with IP cameras daily in my job and ports 800, 5000 and 5001 sound odd. Why not use standard port 80 (unless you're running a web server on your network that needs outside access). You usually have one http port, and one ftp port, 80 and 21 respectively.

According to the Dlink help files these are the ports the camera uses by defualt:
Port
-Web Port - Can be set to a port other than the default TCP port 80.
A corresponding port must be opened on the gateway device.
-AV Control Port - Can be set to a port other than the default TCP port 5000.
-AV Streaming Port - Can be set to a port other than the default TCP/UDP port 5001.
-IP View Lite Port - Can be set to a port other than the default TCP port 5100.

When they say "a corresponding port must be opended on the gateway device I assume they mean opening these ports within the router- Should it look like this:

Cus I still cant get my 950 to work over the internet
CaliDavid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Simiar problem Reply with quote

I'm having similar problem, any updates ??

I have a Linksys router and Air link 101 IP Camera.
badgnus57

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with an Airlink AIC250 camera with a Hawking router. I was using this router to forward port 8081 on the outside to port 80 on the inside (to the camera). This worked for still images, but not for video. Neither the Activex nor the java applets would display anything. This was resolved by making the camera listen on port 8081, and forwarding port 8081 directly to it. I know this "port remapping" is also an option on many dlink routers, so perhaps this will help the issues you're having.
Skubysnak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: DCS G900 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Dlink DCS G900 Wireless G Internet Camera. I am having problems viewing the camera from a remote computer. I have a Belkin Pre-N Router (F5D8230-4) and a Siemens Speedmaster modem. The camera and router are working fine with each other as I can view the camera when at home. The computer is upstairs and the camera is downstais.

From home, I can put in the Dlink cameraís IP address and view the camera just fine. But when I try to view the camera from work, or input the WAN IP of the router in the address bar from any computer, I canít access. Dlink said to open Port 81, so i did that on both the camera and the router, but still no joy. I've called Tech Support for both Belkin and Dlink numerous times and I still can't view the camera over the internet.

HELP!!!!!
azkenreid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DCS G900 Reply with quote

Skubysnak wrote:
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Dlink DCS G900 Wireless G Internet Camera. I am having problems viewing the camera from a remote computer. I have a Belkin Pre-N Router (F5D8230-4) and a Siemens Speedmaster modem. The camera and router are working fine with each other as I can view the camera when at home. The computer is upstairs and the camera is downstais.

From home, I can put in the Dlink cameraís IP address and view the camera just fine. But when I try to view the camera from work, or input the WAN IP of the router in the address bar from any computer, I canít access. Dlink said to open Port 81, so i did that on both the camera and the router, but still no joy. I've called Tech Support for both Belkin and Dlink numerous times and I still can't view the camera over the internet.

HELP!!!!!

I can verify that the DCS-G900 is viewable from the internet and will port forward. Your problem is most likely on your network at work. If you are using port 81, or any other non-standard port, it is likely blocked at work. That's where my problem was.
Skubysnak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get it fixed from work???
LauDauns

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! Did you ever get regular jobs. But regular jobs look good, but doing it very difficult. The only wish you the best of luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> Installation All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed