IP Camera
Home IP Cameras Reviews Forums IP Camera Software IP Camera Comparison Tools and Support Contact Us

Site Search

Your IP Network Camera and Video Server Source

- IP Camera and Video Server Reviews
- Discussion Forums
- Tools and Support
- Industry News and Articles
- Complete Product and Software Listings
Where to Buy

Latest IP Camera Reviews

Newsletter Sign Up

IP Camera Help Center

Information:
IP Camera Forum
Manufacturers
IP Camera Software
Integrators & Solution Providers
Glossary of Terms
Camera Comparison
Camera Demos
View Articles
Press Releases
Tools and Support
Where to Buy

Other Resources:

Website Help

About Us
Media Kit
Contact Us
RSS Feed
Site Map
Industry Links
Link Directory

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Demo: AXIS M1114 versus Panasonic BL-C30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Another Demo: AXIS M1114 versus Panasonic BL-C30 Reply with quote

Since I am testing my M1114 next to a Panasonic BL-C30 I figure I'd let you all take a peek. There is absolutely NO question about this demo.

http://68.193.3.154:51111/web.htm

The M1114 (got 2 more on order) will replace the BL-C30 in about a week. The BL-C30 has been outdoors for at least 3 years unprotected from the elements (from rain, sleet, snow, temps into the single digits and to 100 degress) other than a 6 inch overhang of the roof, has performed flawlessly and it owes me nothing. Yeah, the picture sucks when compared to the AXIS M1114, but the BL-C30 was okay in it's time.

John
New Jersey
timhillone
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you write this java application by yourself? Very good! But we think now you only get jpeg picture from these two ip cameras! Axis M1114 can support h264 video encoder? so we think you can make a java application to get h264 stream from M1114 directly? H264 video stream will be more clearly!
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timhillone wrote:
Do you write this java application by yourself? Very good! But we think now you only get jpeg picture from these two ip cameras! Axis M1114 can support h264 video encoder? so we think you can make a java application to get h264 stream from M1114 directly? H264 video stream will be more clearly!

No, I did not write the java application. it is from IVI. I just made simple changes to the html code on the webpage that displays the two cameras. It is a lot easier than having the folks out here loading activeX to check out the cameras as i am comparing many different cameras to the M1114.

John
New Jersey
sadik007
Junky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, thanks for this
JohnnyC
Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timhillone wrote:
-- snip -- Very good! But we think now you only get jpeg picture from these two ip cameras! --snip

One other thing... The reason why I chose to post a live demo camera link over posting JPEG pictures is to allow anyone to view two cameras side by side under different conditions such as day, night, sunny, rainy, snow sleet, tornados, and earthqukes (some may not apply here).

John
New Jersey
Stick55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing...you just can't beat a live demo...and a side by side comparison is very useful.
bestkid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the demo. Where did you order the M1114 from?
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestkid wrote:
Thanks for the demo. Where did you order the M1114 from?

I bought my M1114 from http://www.securityideas.com/axism1114.html

If you call, you WILL get a better price than ordering online. It is in the link above.

I paid $484 for my M1114 which is equal to the best price I could find elsewheres on the internet via Google. The price is much better than the prices found via Amazon.

I've ordered from www.securityideas.com several times in the past and ALWAYS got great service and at this very moment I have 2 more M1114's on order through www.securityideas.com. Speak to Brian Thorp.

Just as an FYI - I don't work for www.securityideas.com. I just give credit where due.

John
New Jersey
bestkid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information. One of eBay seller is selling $455+$13 shipping, but I am not sure is they are a reliable seller.
fatjohnny
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestkid wrote:
Thank you very much for the information. One of eBay seller is selling $455+$13 shipping, but I am not sure is they are a reliable seller.
Yeah, you must be careful. I once order some fairly expensive electronics from Amazon since i thought Amazon was totally "safe". After placing the order, I learned that the order was going to a 3rd party seller and the 3rd party seller's reputation was crap after reading the ratings. I was worried, but luckily I got what I ordered without incident.

From that time on, I will only do business with companies I know to be good when possible. In this case securityideas.com is my pick. not only was their price great for the M1114, but always got what I ordered and ontime. As a matter of fact, yesterday i received the 2 additional M1114's that I ordered and they are new in the box, not refurbs.

John
New jersey
unclealister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Thanx to JohnnyC & FatJohnny for their great demos Reply with quote

Thanx guyz for your great webcam demos. This is what the manufacturers should be doing. They should pay you guyz plenty for helping to sell their cams. Yeh. You can't see good demos anywhere else but here Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IP Camera Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Highest Rated
Warning: join() [function.join]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncrftp503/public_html/lib/functions.php on line 363
No cameras with more than 1 rating found

Most Viewed